View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxaLisa View Post

I tried all the grains with the dogs here - mine never tolerated any of them, and were always quite lean because of the meat and veggie diet. Only recently my boy has weight on him though.
Nookie did GREAT on the rolled oats for about 3 months, and really, he may still do well. We were thinking the likely culprit was the oats, but one of our vets is thinking it is the beef. We did stop the oats more than 2 weeks ago (and he has dropped a little weight again), but the itchies haven't subsided, and in fact, have gotten worse. So maybe it is the beef
I'm still going to try the millet and see if he can tolerate it, but I'll wait until a couple of weeks after the beef is removed to see if there's any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxaLisa View Post
An interesting product! Do report back on it
I'll definitely let you know how it does. Our western vet thinks very highly of this product and I have a lot of respect for her, so I trust her opinion and judgement. I have to wait until the holistic vet opens again next Tuesday just to make sure it's safe with the other meds he's on. It takes 3-4 weeks to have a noticeable difference. Here's hoping it helps him!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012