View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Emcee, I honestly would not even consider letting him free in the forest. I'm glad to see you have decided not to. He would not likely survive for long and may suffer a slow death. Euthenasia would be the far more humane choice if that is your option.

I agree with Winston that he should be seen by a vet again. Tell the vet about the issues. I know years back my younger cat got very irritable when she was constipated. Is Fanta going okay?? You really need to rule out any medical issues, and seeing if he could be medicated would be a good option too.

Keeping him segregated indoors is really best if he is indeed infected. It's not really right to let him wander and infect any other cats he fights with. About the electric fence, I don't really understand where you would put him, but animals learn pretty quick to avoid the shock - you apparently can set the jolt either high or low as well.

Good luck to you, and thank you for at least caring enough to have taken Fanta in knowing his health issues, but now you have the obligation to do right by him as well.