View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Awww... poor Shadow, and you! Sounds like you both had a bit of a rough night
Give her a hug for me
I'm glad to see that she gained a pound though!! Hopefully she will hold out and give you a little more quality time with her, sweet old girl

I'm always so worried about the jerky and choking. I don't know what brand you use, but be careful with them. We made a HUGE mistake of giving Thorin TONS of them over a few years. The brand was Waggin' Tails or something like that, the chicken jerky. One thing I ddn't realize is that certain brands can cause cancer because they are irradiated. Look for a little radiation symbol anywhere on the package. On ours it was on the back, at the bottom and not too noticeable. Once I realized what it was, we immediately stopped using them. Dr. marsden said it may have contributed to Thorins cancer.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012