View Single Post
  #17  
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:23 PM
hazelrunpack's Avatar
hazelrunpack hazelrunpack is offline
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Just east of the Hazelnut Patch, Wisconsin
Posts: 49,958
Welcome to the board, Malibu'sMom. I'm so sorry to hear about Malibu

As for next steps, well, you do what you can. If it were us, I think we'd likely bring him in for some tests to rule out fungal infection and to talk to a specialist. Just talking to a specialist will give you a better idea about options and prognosis and perhaps make your decision easier. Make sure to get a schedule of fees first so you know upfront what everything will cost, and ask what the test is for and how it will impact possible treatment. If they suggest a treatment, make sure to ask how much time they think Malibu will get in return.

But most of all, don't second-guess yourself on whatever you decide. Make the decision and put it behind you, then focus on helping Malibu to live the rest of his life. Chances are, if it's cancer, even extreme treatment won't get you much time. In that case, you switch your goal to quality, not quantity, and act accordingly.

The beautiful thing is that Malibu won't know if he's dying. He'll just be living life to the fullest for as long as he can. And he'll be doing it under your loving care--and that's going to mean the world to him.

I know how difficult a time you're going through. We're here if you want to vent or need a sounding board. Stay strong and cherish every moment with your boy. And keep us posted, k?
__________________
"We are--each of us--dying; it's how we live in the meantime that makes the difference."

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Reply With Quote