Thread: Humming Birds
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderuby View Post
aww...hope he isnt hurt. But I guess..if he does "winter" in your basement..sounds like a place to be . Fruit flies..YUM...ha! How would you get him in there thou? I'm just curious..but I've heard its near impossible to cacth one of those little boogers.
I was being facetious. You aren't allowed to keep hummers, even if you could catch them. As migratory birds, they're protected by some pretty stiff federal laws and you need lots of permits to even attempt it legally.

Luckily, I don't need to even joke about it anymore--he's been joined by two others today and I suspect they'll all take off together soon for parts south.

I know people who have gotten their hummers to eat from their hands. With patience, you'll have them eating out of yours in no time! I've never tried it, but plenty of times they've started eating out of the feeder I had in hand before I even get it hung up for them!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."