Thread: The TJTwitter
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Your mystery birds are a house sparrow and a common grackle.
I should have remembered the house sparrow . "Grackle"...is that the same as a starling or are they different birds? At one point, I only put out niger seed just so the little birds can get a break from them. Holy smokes, are they ever rude and all they seem to do is "nag, nag, nag, nag."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Mr Finch better start visitin' the waterin' hole with the Mrs or she's gonna make him raise his own babies and run off with some goldfinch who's a little more fun to be with!

I just love the bunnies too ...as much Lucky and Penny but I'll stop short of rolling around in the poop balls .

Went to the local feed store today and they hardly had any bird or rabbit food on the shelves. I thought they had sold out but the owner's sister said that their scale broke and she couldn't afford a new one so was desperately looking for one used for cheap (electronic commercial scales can be pretty pricey, even second-hand). So I went home, dug one up out of our storage room (dad was going to throw it out when he changed the ones in his store) and brought it to her. They were so grateful that I was offered bird and bunny food for the rest of the year in exchange .