View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM

Here is a quote from Dr Marty Goldstien (Oprah and Martha Stewarts vet):
"I think that vaccines, justly credited as the tamers of disease epidemics, are nevertheless the leading killers of dogs and cats in America today." Martin Goldstein, D.V.M.

Do your research ; dogs are over vaccinated; No offence to maintream vets out there but yearly vaccinations are the bread and butter of most practices. The 28 leading veterinarian schools are changing their vaccination protocols, it will take decades for most vet practices to change. I know of several cases where people have their animals vaccinated every year for rabies by their vet, but the manufacturer of the vaccine recommends it every 3 years. Much better would be vaccine titer testing.

I too have had issues with vaccinations; suddenly after being vaccinated, my dogs were 'allergic' to almost everything, breaking out in rashes after eating things they ate before with no issues. They sufferered terribly with itching and hives for months after the vaccines and having to be put on medications and steriods all with there own host of adverse side effects or long term risks. Who knows, if my dog ends up with cancer in five years, nobody is going to say; hey I wonder if this is from all those medications you had your dog on years ago. Of course my vet, assured me it had nothing to do with the vaccines, just a coincidence in timing.