View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I already mentioned how many grosbeaks are unbanded...and told Augie that by the beginning of July the first broods should be fledged and joining their parents at the feeders. Haven't heard back, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it!

Interesting that you mention gloves, obc--I asked them why they didn't wear at least thin cotton gloves to protect from things like grosbeaks and woodpeckers and they said that they have to be able to feel exactly how much pressure they're putting on the bird to prevent injury to it. So they can't wear gloves at all! Not even in winter! brrrrrrr! Which makes a nice warm place to thaw hands a very necessary commodity for winter banding sessions.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."