View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Marko I follow a transmitter fixed peregrine falcon now for approx 3 yrs...she was fixed with the transmitter on the day she was banded..(its very small but does have an antenna) anyway I have followed her through three migrations from Chille Peru to her nest in Greenland where she stays for approx 3 months and then she comes home...she stopped on a light post last year in Montanna and they were able to find the actual pole she landed on by her GPS settings! the GPS coordinates tell you amazing places these birds have been! its cool!

I dont beleive its detrimental at all to the birds. I have been following the falcon bandings and yes they are upset but they quickly recover after a little while. As Hazel said all that data is important and yes we can tell when there has been a fatality as well if its reported.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown