View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
It's almost like he's worse as part of a pack than he is on his own....does that make sense?
Definately makes sense. When we had Lucy she could be a bit of an instigator and Riley always felt the need to defend her bad choices. When we have my mom's dog Sam (littermate to Riley) I am always way more careful about other dog interactions. It's to bad you don't live closer because Chase would really benefit with a group walk that a dog class I attend does monthly. All dogs are on leash and walking forward in a brisk positive motion. It is amazing to see the confidence this gives to fearful dogs and also to dog agressive dogs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypitgirls View Post
"a dog that would wrestle but not injure or become injured", having two dogs challenge each other is a situation that could easily become out of hand, and both dogs could become injured. I think it's irresponsible to suggest to have two dogs challenge each other and think that neither would get hurt, it's risky and not to mention even done with good intentions (if setting up a fight is ever done with good intentions) could result in both dogs and handlers getting seriously hurt.
I Agree. I know that you would never do that anyway Chaser . It is important to prevent things like dog agression wherever possible because each time it happens it reinforces the behaviour. Studies have shown that brains create pathways each time a behavior is successful and then the behavior becomes automatic as the dog just reacts and doesn't think.