Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Henna Tattoos for cats - yay or nay (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84770)

marko November 8th, 2013 11:28 AM

Henna Tattoos for cats - yay or nay

Hi members,

As most of you know....we like to dress up our cats and they don't seem to mind it too badly. :evil:

Do you think henna tattoos might be OK for cats...if you get where i'm going...:evil: (Let's assume that like the costumes, it doesn't bother them too much and let's assume i could find safe ones for cats).
Or is that just taking it too far?

Keep in mind, Baci has no fur at all - not sure if that makes a difference, does it?

Thx! :cat:

Winston November 8th, 2013 11:49 AM

Oh Marko your so funny!! I couldnt resist and googled it....you'll have to check it out but it looks like they are pretty safe. One guy mentioned that he liked to put a Transformer tat on his sphynx's head between his ears!! OMG I almost fell over laughing...

Im sure you already know we are going to have to have pics!! and maybe even a little video?? :thumbs up

[url]http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/threads/temporary-tattoos-for-sphynx-cats.7973/[/url]

Winston November 8th, 2013 11:55 AM

Quote from Henna Hut...
[I][B]Can I henna my pet?
Good question! Yes, you can henna your pet. We have tried it on several pets and it will last a very long time. Remember it is permanent! Pet hair does not grow like human hair; it stops at a certain length. So if you dye it, the color will last 6 months on most animals. [/B][/I]

Barkingdog November 8th, 2013 03:12 PM

Nay! I am against pets being dyes weird color .

marko November 9th, 2013 11:16 AM

Oh that's pretty funny Winston (saw a pic) - Thx so much for the research!

buuuuuuuuuut....6 months is way too long imo. I was thinking just for a day or two or for a weekend; ya know rent them out for bachelorette parties and sweet sixteens. :laughing:

Unless there's another alternative - wigs and dresses seem safer :goodvibes:

Thx!

rottysrule November 12th, 2013 10:22 AM

i figure it not that bad as long as your not actually tattooing the cat like you would a human for a real tattoo, it shouldn't be that bad. maybe the stuff in the tattoo might cause a reaction, as you never know the cat may have an allergic reaction to it. So you would want to be careful until you know how the cat or animal will react.

ownedbycats November 12th, 2013 10:57 AM

honestly, as long as it doesn't cause an allergic reaction, I see no harm. It's not like you have to sedate them, or stick them with real needles.
I think the six months was for cats with fur: it lasts until the fur falls out. On a sphinx, with little fur, its effects should be more like on human skin I would think.

marko November 12th, 2013 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=ownedbycats;1062864]honestly, as long as it doesn't cause an allergic reaction, I see no harm. It's not like you have to sedate them, or stick them with real needles.
I think the six months was for cats with fur: it lasts until the fur falls out. On a sphinx, with little fur, its effects should be more like on human skin I would think.[/QUOTE]

thx for that input rr and OBC - How long does henna last on human skin - days?

Dog Dancer November 12th, 2013 04:46 PM

I think there are temporary henna's out there, but really Marko.....

marko November 13th, 2013 09:04 AM

LOL. I know, I know :evil:

Goldfields November 13th, 2013 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=marko;1062897]LOL. I know, I know :evil:[/QUOTE]

You can always say the Devil made you do it. :laughing:

hazelrunpack November 13th, 2013 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=marko;1062865]thx for that input rr and OBC - How long does henna last on human skin - days?[/QUOTE]

At least--maybe weeks to a few months. I don't think for 6 months, though, and of course they fade with time. Not sure if I'd want to trust a dye, though, considering how cats groom. Could they ingest enough to make them ill? Not sure they've tested consumption of hennas by animals for safety... :o

breeze November 13th, 2013 10:46 AM

when I got a henna tattoo (tried it to find out if I wanted a real tattoo) it lasted 2-3 months on my shoulder .. it does fade though just not sure how long it would last on a cat though..

maybe if it lasts that long then I just might stick with costumes

with that said what are you thinking of doing Marko?? and why??

Dog Dancer November 13th, 2013 11:47 AM

I think Marko is pulling our leg! Surely even Marko has a limit....:pray:

marko November 14th, 2013 09:13 AM

I probably won't do it - Carmy probably wouldn't let anyway - lol.

We have a whole new batch of costumes anyway and the models seem eager to pose :laughing: :evil:

hazelrunpack November 14th, 2013 10:16 AM

hehehehe Ya. Eager. :evil:

Beware of night attacks motivated by vengeance! :D Go get 'em, Baci and Twiggy!! :laughing: