Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Nikki and Lupa (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84113)

Dog Dancer June 7th, 2013 02:56 PM

Nikki and Lupa

3 Attachment(s)
Well both are officially six months old now. Lupa on June 2 and Nikki today on June 7. They are so big people don't believe it when I tell them they're just 6 months. They're such characters the both of them, and so totally different. Lupa though is showing signs of dominance and that isn't going over totally well. Had to bust up a power struggle (fight) this morning in the front yard. And well Halo is just patient sweet Halo.

Dog Dancer June 7th, 2013 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you can see that the pups are as big as Halo now! Well, maybe bigger...:D

hazelrunpack June 7th, 2013 10:35 PM

They're soooooo beautiful, DD! And Halo is so patient! :D Love how Lupa has her paws so primly crossed in that first shot! :lovestruck:

So they've started sparring for position? :frustrated: We still have the occasional spat between the boys. Nothing that a good body block by Mom can't break up, but your guys are probably already heavier than my boys are. :eek: I hope at least Halo has the good sense to stay out of the fray?

Barkingdog June 8th, 2013 02:30 PM

DD your dogs are huge and very beautiful ,
Halo is a real sweetheart of a looking dog.
I am :lovestruck: about all of them.

rik June 8th, 2013 09:32 PM

Great photos and beautiful dogs :)

CsqU4r3d June 9th, 2013 01:34 PM

Your pups are gorgeous...Nikki reminds me of our Mal gal...Halo must be a very patient dog!

growler~GateKeeper June 9th, 2013 05:36 PM

All 3 seem to be great & so patient with the girls :thumbs up.

The "puppies" :laughing: have gotten so big, good thing for you they don't fit in a shoulder bag anymore :mwaha: :lovestruck:

Goldfields June 9th, 2013 10:58 PM

Wow, Nikki sure has a beautiful masculine head for his age, DD. Love the photo of the children turning Halo into a flower child (humming "Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"). :) As for Lupa, she thinks she's a sheltie, they're into crossing their feet like that. Must say I'd like to give both a big cuddle. They're a credit to you, well grown .

Barkingdog June 10th, 2013 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;1058483]Wow, Nikki sure has a beautiful masculine head for his age, DD. Love the photo of the children turning Halo into a flower child (humming "Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"). :) As for Lupa, she thinks she's a sheltie, they're into crossing their feet like that. Must say I'd like to give both a big cuddle. They're a credit to you, well grown .[/QUOTE]

My dog Marty will sit with his legs cross too. That is really funny what you said about Halo . I get a kick out the photo of the girls putting flowers on her . Halo has to be one of the sweetest dog around.

marko June 10th, 2013 08:39 AM

love scenes like this!

Dog Dancer June 10th, 2013 03:29 PM

Thanks all for the comments. I'm no photographer like Marko and Rik and RickC, but I try my best with my little camera. It's good enough for me.

Hazel, Halo does try to stop the fights sometimes, but she's not generally around the pups unless I'm there also, so she usually has me for backup :D. I'm hoping that Lupa will cool down a bit when she gets spayed this week - we had planned to wait another month, but her sister has gone into heat already so we're booked for Wednesday.

GF, I am in awe of Nikki's head to tell you the truth. Lupa has such a little princess face, very fine lines, when Nikki pokes his nose under your arm you know you've been poked! His muzzle is that of a grizzly bear. I love it. You were so right when you said he had real boy features when he was a "little" puppy.

I need to try and get a picture of his goofy tongue. I have decided it will always stick out a little bit when he's not paying attention. It's just a part of his unique character to me now.