Growler,Chico has still not gone for his radial iodine treatment,Guelph is waiting for their Licence from the government,otherwise he's set to go.
The other day,I took him to the vet because he'd been lethargic the last little while.
It turns out he was overmedicated and was now Hypo,instead of Hyper and his kidneys had been comprimised.
He's now back to one 2,5mg pill/day and we're hoping his kidney-values will improve.
Also.my vet told me,after the 10days,he does not need to be isolated at home,which is a great relief,since I would have hated to leave him downstairs on his own.
So,we'll wait for a call from Guelph Veterinary school,he is on top of the list.
He's doing ok,has gained some weight and I hope he keeps it on.
oh a hyperthyroid kitty! I may be looking for info on this. I have Bobee going to the vet on Friday, he's 13, been loosing weight and his fur looks like caca and he's been pretty grumpy especially to Nino. So I have him booked for a check up and blood work. I also have to take Coco in for the thyroid blood tests. So I may have 2 to worry about..ugh!! Any advice would be appreciated once I know what's happening here!!
[B]Chico[/B] - good to hear Chico was rechecked & dosage readjusted. HypoT does happen occasionally after the RaId treatment as well, Duffy was like that for about 6 months after her treatment.
Re the kidney values it could just be that the when he went Hypo the reduced amount of flow through the kidneys makes the body think there is an issue with the kidneys, hopefully it should even back out to normal once his Thyroid comes back to where his normal-high range was.
Usually what happens with HyperT kitties is that the extra blood flow hides any kidney issues because the body thinks there's no problems, once the thyroid is sorted out if there is an issue with the kidneys it shows then.
[B]pattymac[/B] make sure you ask specifically for a T4 test - it is an add on to the geriatric panel it's not automatically done for senior kitties. I would also suggest getting a urinalysis done to check kidney function. If you have any questions feel free to ask away :)
thanks I will do that! I did a bit of reading about it and as usual some say do this and others say do that! I think advice from someone going through the same thing is very valuable!
Thank's Growler,you said pretty well what my vet said,so we'll just have to wait and see to retest and hopefully he'll soon be going to the hospital for his RAID treatment.
Pattymac,I went through the same with my Rocky,who eventually had to be put down because of a tumor on his thyroid:cry:
With Chico at 16 I want to do everything possible to fix the problem, including the RAID treatment.
He's been on Felimazole 1 2.5mg pill/day,changed back from 2 pills since that was too much.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.