Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Tail Blazers Lethbridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83970)

pattymac May 12th, 2013 07:25 PM

Tail Blazers Lethbridge

Darn, they closed!! :( I was going to call them as they carry Urban Wolf and used to come to Medicine Hat twice a month or so. I was going to see about getting Bayley back on a raw diet and I liked this stuff. Once I get Mom all settled with home care etc, I guess I'll take a day and go to Calgary and get a few bags. I tried the local store and they can't get it, don't know why but at least they let me know.

Dog Dancer May 13th, 2013 03:37 PM

I need to find a source for cheaper raw food for the dogs. They're eating as good as us right now! I buy their ribs at Costco, chicken from the butcher and beef hearts and chicken hearts/livers at Canadian Super Store. I could support a child in a starving country - or two for that matter with what I spend on these guys! lol

Jull May 13th, 2013 04:17 PM

lol I hear yah DD - My guys have a better diet than I do :laughing::laughing:

I buy Spring meadows patties - they love them! and the company and farms, is from Saskatchewan, so I like that I buy locally :thumbs up

pattymac May 13th, 2013 06:16 PM

I had Bayley on Mountain Dog Food back in Ontario, I also made my own with the Urban Wolf mix. The guy I got my MDF from was really good cause he also had a source of raw tripe, which Bayley loved

pattymac May 13th, 2013 06:17 PM

I bought chicken carcasses dirt cheap from a local butcher and they were already ground up, still plenty of meat on them. Have to find something like that around here.

pattymac May 14th, 2013 01:20 AM

Oh my!! Doing a bit of raw food research and found a company that uses alpaca!! My sister would have a major breakdown if she knew about it!! Anyway, I'm thinking of trying some of the dehydrated raw for the cats and for Bayley. I can control the amount of water. Means a trip to Calgary but I need a day away anyway!!

Jull May 14th, 2013 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1057618]Oh my!! Doing a bit of raw food research and found a company that uses alpaca!! My sister would have a major breakdown if she knew about it!! Anyway, I'm thinking of trying some of the dehydrated raw for the cats and for Bayley. I can control the amount of water. Means a trip to Calgary but I need a day away anyway!![/QUOTE]

lol... spring meadows also uses alpaca - but we have never tried that - If you can find PRIMAL freeze dried formulas for your cat, I would recommend them, Bestia who is such a picky eater really likes them, and they come in very convenient nuggets of 1oz.

pattymac May 14th, 2013 10:36 AM

I think it was Spring Meadows. I had Bayley on Honest Kitchen for a while, hard to get around here. NRG is supposed to be good too.

Jull May 14th, 2013 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1057627]I think it was Spring Meadows. I had Bayley on Honest Kitchen for a while, hard to get around here. NRG is supposed to be good too.[/QUOTE]

ah yes, my petsore here carries HK and they recommend a lot , but I have never tried it, I have tried Gramma Lucy's, but I do prefer SM... I don't know what I would do without my pet store! probably would have to drive to Saskatoon pretty often... hahah I spend more time there than I do buying shoes or clothes for me :D