Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Pet paw prints (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83042)

patchdog December 16th, 2012 03:29 PM

Pet paw prints

Have you ever made pet paw print for any of your pets? All our pets have one. I have special picture frames that came with clay that you mixed up and then placed their paw print in it. It dried and now we will always have a paw print of them:)

angeldogs December 16th, 2012 05:52 PM

I like the sound of that....no i have never done a paw print.

pattymac December 16th, 2012 06:52 PM

me neither but I've seen the kits but wouldn't be hard to do by yourself.

patchdog December 20th, 2012 02:28 PM

I am glad that we have these. My pet cat just passed on and it is nice to see it now as a way to remember him by.

marko December 20th, 2012 02:32 PM

I've heard of this before and I think that's a great idea! :highfive:
Before our beasts get bathed seems like a great time to me.
Gonna try this during the holiday season and post the results.

pattymac December 20th, 2012 06:27 PM

I've been tempted to get one of my pieces of canvas, dip Noella's paws in food colouring and put her on the canvas. Of course knowing Noella, the first thing she'd do is sit down and lick of all the colour!!

Winston December 20th, 2012 06:45 PM

The vets offices offer this with their cremation services. I had one done of Winston when he passed and am so glad I did. I have it in a special spot!

Where do they sell the kits?

dmc123 December 20th, 2012 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not quite on the topic, but I have a picture of Murphy's paw prints on our front porch. He made these prints accidentally when my roomie was prepping the porch bannister with compound, prior to painting.

They are a treasure to us now, we lost him this past Sunday. He was a stray that we tried to care for the best we could.

Diane

[ATTACH]78729[/ATTACH]

Etown_Chick December 20th, 2012 11:04 PM

I have laminate floors and they are COVERED in Scruffy prints! But I do like the idea of clay keepers. I have never seen them, but will keep my eyes peeled.
I do like the deck prints - that's such a dog thing

hazelrunpack December 21st, 2012 11:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear about Murphy, Diane. :( Awesome paw prints, though! :grouphug:

dmc123 December 21st, 2012 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1051111]I'm sorry to hear about Murphy, Diane. :( Awesome paw prints, though! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hazel, I love the prints. Couldn't have done them better even if I had tried to get these.

Diane

angeldogs December 21st, 2012 05:16 PM

Sorry for your loss dmc123.

dmc123 December 21st, 2012 05:57 PM

ty angeldogs

patchdog December 21st, 2012 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=Winston;1051068]The vets offices offer this with their cremation services. I had one done of Winston when he passed and am so glad I did. I have it in a special spot!

Where do they sell the kits?[/QUOTE]
Our vet did not offer us this and we are getting our kitty cremated. It is nice that some offer this service though.