Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found dog Brossard ~ along Milan Boulevard ~ OWNER FOUND! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=81154)

woofendog May 22nd, 2012 07:23 AM

Found dog Brossard ~ along Milan Boulevard ~ OWNER FOUND!

1 Attachment(s)
Found this young male dog wandering along Milan Boulevard early this morning. Neighbors report he has been in the area since last evening. Very friendly. The picture was taken after we gave him a bath. He hardly moved in the bath tub and by the way he wants to be picked up, this has to be someone's pet. He has been fed and is now being kept on our back deck. Have made report to Longueuil Police, CJAD 800, and SPCA Monteregie. Will take him to local vet hoping for a microchip. Had two collars in place but no identification. If we are unable to find his owners then we will contact a resuce group. Thanks.

Barkingdog May 22nd, 2012 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=woofendog;1040320]Found this young male dog wandering along Milan Boulevard early this morning. Neighbors report he has been in the area since last evening. Very friendly. The picture was taken after we gave him a bath. He hardly moved in the bath tub and by the way he wants to be picked up, this has to be someone's pet. He has been fed and is now being kept on our back deck. Have made report to Longueuil Police, CJAD 800, and SPCA Monteregie. Will take him to local vet hoping for a microchip. Had two collars in place but no identification. If we are unable to find his owners then we will contact a resuce group. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

How sad that no one has reported the dog missing yet. Could you post some photos at some local veterinaries office too? I am reading a book called 'Roam'
it about a dog that been lost for 9 years and this sad to read . I am glad there are people like you that took the time to help the dog.

woofendog May 22nd, 2012 01:00 PM

Found Dog Brossard

The Hopital Veterinaire Rive Sud on Taschereau in Brossard confirmed that the dog was a West Highland White Terrier or Westie. Unfortunately he was not microchipped. The Hopital Veterinaire Canin Felis on Grand Allee in St. Hubert contacted Service Animalier de la Rive Sud (450-463-7090) where a Westie has been reported lost the day before in St. Hubert. The owner of the Westie contacted us and fortunately the young dog will be reunited with his family later this afternoon. Thanks to the vet services for their help. Now our cats will be able to reclaim their enclosed deck.

Dog Dancer May 22nd, 2012 02:35 PM

Woofendog, what a great ending. We love happy endings right! Perhaps when you meet the owners you could suggest they get a $10 tag for one of the collars with a phone number on it... Bless you for helping the little guy out, who knows what you saved him from!

marko May 22nd, 2012 03:11 PM

That's awesome woofendog:highfive: thanks so much for helping this dooger :goodvibes:

Barkingdog May 22nd, 2012 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=woofendog;1040360]The Hopital Veterinaire Rive Sud on Taschereau in Brossard confirmed that the dog was a West Highland White Terrier or Westie. Unfortunately he was not microchipped. The Hopital Veterinaire Canin Felis on Grand Allee in St. Hubert contacted Service Animalier de la Rive Sud (450-463-7090) where a Westie has been reported lost the day before in St. Hubert. The owner of the Westie contacted us and fortunately the young dog will be reunited with his family later this afternoon. Thanks to the vet services for their help. Now our cats will be able to reclaim their enclosed deck.[/QUOTE]

Great! I loves stories with happy ending. And Thanks goodness you where the one that found the dog . Great job! This show that having your pet microchip
really is a good idea.

hazelrunpack May 22nd, 2012 09:54 PM

Great update, woofendog!! :D

Kasianni May 22nd, 2012 10:11 PM

Love a happy ending!! Thanks so much for guiding him home.

woofendog May 23rd, 2012 08:50 AM

Found dog Brossard

Thanks for the kind comments. I had a lot of help from the people I previously mentioned. When the owner appeared, she mentioned that this was not the first time that this has happened. For a pet that you love, I would spend a few extra bucks on the micro-chip. This had to be a very expensive dog. The medallion can fall off. The owner actually claimed that there was a medallion on the collar. We managed to keep our woofendog alive for twenty years and he never got loose. I will question whether our found dog report to Longueuil Police was forwarded to the Service Amalier group. This would have helped. Thanks.

Dog Dancer May 23rd, 2012 10:35 AM

I'm with you woofendog, my dogs have not ever gotten lost or picked up by strangers or the pound either. Oh, and they've never lost the tags on their collars - if you invest in a good hook for it, it's going to stay on so long as the collar does. My dogs don't have chips, but they have tattoo's and id tags. Don't underestimate the work you put in to saving this pup, you did the legwork my friend and are the hero in my eyes. :thumbs up

Barkingdog May 23rd, 2012 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=woofendog;1040397]Thanks for the kind comments. I had a lot of help from the people I previously mentioned. When the owner appeared, she mentioned that this was not the first time that this has happened. For a pet that you love, I would spend a few extra bucks on the micro-chip. This had to be a very expensive dog. The medallion can fall off. The owner actually claimed that there was a medallion on the collar. We managed to keep our woofendog alive for twenty years and he never got loose. I will question whether our found dog report to Longueuil Police was forwarded to the Service Amalier group. This would have helped. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I found a lab in my driveway once and the dog collar had a tag with a phone # on it. I was able to reach the babysitter and she told me this was the second time the dog escaped under the fence. I am able to reunite the dog with her famliy within a hour. I also found another dog that got lost and ended up in my driveway. I live in a condo and no one else tried to help either dog. The dog did have a name and phone # after making few phone calls I reached the owner. I was upset that done of my neighbors took the time to see if the dogs needed help. I think having a dog microchip is the best way to go, a dog could lose it collar and there would be no way to reach it owner.