Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dewy paws are such a drag... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77919)

hazelrunpack July 16th, 2011 10:19 AM

Dewy paws are such a drag...

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I][B][COLOR="Sienna"]More often than not, Ridge would rather balance on the retaining wall or walk across the ankle-turning rocks than walk on the dewy grass. Setter paws melt in water, don't ya know! :rolleyes: So she'll go to great lengths to keep her feet dry...[/COLOR][/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]75056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75058[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 16th, 2011 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Sienna"]...and then negate all her efforts by succumbing to the softness of the grass.
Evidently bellies aren't quite as vulnerable to the evils of water as paws are.

[ATTACH]75059[/ATTACH]

:laughing:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

[/CENTER]

TeriM July 16th, 2011 02:30 PM

Lol, silly girl Ridge :cloud9:.

edwina July 16th, 2011 05:28 PM

I had no idea Setter paws melted in water Hazel, and not belly's. I will have to remember that. :laughing::laughing:

Rgeurts July 16th, 2011 06:43 PM

That is TOO cute :D :laughing:
Ridge is such a beautiful girl. I love here brown freckles :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Sylvie July 16th, 2011 06:57 PM

Too funny. Way to go Ridge, keep your mom guessing :laughing:

hazelrunpack July 16th, 2011 07:33 PM

She's not silly, Teri! :frustrated: She's downright [I]goofy!!!![/I] :p

[QUOTE=Sylvie;1017999]Too funny. Way to go Ridge, keep your mom guessing :laughing:[/QUOTE]

That she does, Sylvie. :D She always looks so serious and dignified and then she does something goofy. :dog:

[QUOTE=edwina;1017991]I had no idea Setter paws melted in water Hazel, and not belly's. I will have to remember that. :laughing::laughing:[/QUOTE]

I was surprised, too! Considering the looks of horror we get in the morning when they step off the deck and realize there's dew on the grass, you'd think that the whole dog was equally prone to melting away in wetness! But evidently not! :laughing:

Ridge thanks you for the compliment, Robyn. We're all very fond of freckles around here! :D

Claudia36oh July 17th, 2011 12:22 AM

Too funny, my guys would jump in the grass in a heartbeat, what a beautiful girl

growler~GateKeeper July 17th, 2011 12:34 AM

Ridge :lovestruck: was saving all the dewdrops for her belly - no need to waste them by stepping on them :rolleyes: :D

hazelrunpack July 17th, 2011 09:44 AM

:laughing: Is that what it is, growler? :lightbulb: Well, I'll be.... Sorta makes sense :D

Setters are definitely not water dogs, Claudia. They think moisture is sent from the devil to torment setters. :evil: Unless, of course, it's in the form of mud. :rolleyes:

claw July 17th, 2011 10:45 AM

Such a beautiful doggy!

Goldfields July 17th, 2011 10:48 AM

Gorgeous photo's of your silly girl, Hazel. LOL. When my shelties acted scared of getting their feet wet at least they had an excuse, they've been born and reared in drought conditions, so what's Ridge's excuse?? :) I notice that mine are much better now we've had floods twice and some normal Winter conditions instead of sunshine and blue skies.

hazelrunpack July 17th, 2011 12:44 PM

English setters and water just don't mix, GF! :laughing: I've known a couple that like to do water retrieves and a few who will wade, but I'd say 85% of English setters look on water as work of the :evil:! All of ours have been water haters, although they love boat rides. :dog:

Thx, claw!

cpietra16 July 17th, 2011 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
she is such a........

Dee-O-Gee July 17th, 2011 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018033] Setters are definitely not water dogs, Claudia. They think moisture is sent from the devil to torment setters. :evil: Unless, of course, it's in the form of mud. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"][I]I Agree! :thumbs up[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018051]English setters and water just don't mix, GF! :laughing: I've known a couple that like to do water retrieves and a few who will wade, but I'd say 85% of English setters look on water as work of the :evil:! [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="red"][I]Uhm...double agree, again! :thumbs up[/I][/COLOR]

Silly goofy Ridge. Do you think she was setting an example for the rest of the non-swimming pack? :shrug:

Setter's always do keeps us guessing eh Hazel? :cloud9:

hazelrunpack July 17th, 2011 05:37 PM

That she is, cpietra! Or so she'd like to think, anyway. She certainly acts like a princess, or at least a prima donna! :laughing:

[QUOTE=klmccallum;1018070]Silly goofy Ridge. Do you think she was setting an example for the rest of the non-swimming pack? :shrug:
[/QUOTE]
I don't think they need examples--they know [I]instinctively[/I] of the apocalyptic nature of water! :laughing:

They sure are goofballs sometimes, though! Their latest Enemy #1 is Rascally Rabbit. They not only keep the area inside the fence free of the Menace, but they insist on barking them out of the rest of the yard, too....with limited success, but not for lack of trying. Now I have to carry earplugs with me outside, too. :p Luckily we have no really near neighbors.

Ford Girl July 18th, 2011 03:39 PM

She is beautiful!! :lovestruck: I just love her coloring.

Funny how they have these quirks, makes them so special. lol!

(Dazy would prefer to live in water and never have DRY paws again!)

hazelrunpack July 18th, 2011 04:10 PM

As I recall, Dazy likes mud, too, doesn't she, FG? As long as we all stick to mud, they can play together! :laughing: