Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Birds (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   I got SOOO excited.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76873)

chico2 May 10th, 2011 08:11 AM

I got SOOO excited..

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday we were just sitting looking at the birds by the feeders and what did I see by the crab-apple tree a very tiny Hummer,I just about freaked:thumbs up
Have not seen Hummers here for ages.
I could not get a proper picture,I was taken by suprise,but you can see the outline of him,before he flew off..

+a couple of my Pigeons in love..the white thing there,I am not sure about:laughing:

Love4himies May 10th, 2011 08:14 AM

Yay, chico. I love hummingbirds. :cloud9:

[QUOTE=chico2;1008550].the white thing there,I am not sure about:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Awwww, that's the white thing that I love the most :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Melinda May 10th, 2011 08:24 AM

wow...first a panther...and now a snow leopard?? *L*
I love the hummingbird....I'm afraid we don't have many pigeons this year...still tons of doves but the minute the hawks show up we lose the pigeons

hazelrunpack May 10th, 2011 09:24 AM

Yay for the hummer! :highfive: I see Vinnie likes to watch them, too! :D

chico2 May 10th, 2011 10:05 AM

It was only one little Hummer,but I hope he'll come back...he was not much bigger than a Dragonfly,I was really stunned to see him..

Vinnie won't let me post pics without including him,even though he's not a bird:laughing:

Melinda,for a while in the winter,the Pigeons did not come here because of the Hawks,but in the summer we do not get any Hawks,at least not very often,so the pigeons are slowly coming back,we had 15 yesterday.

cpietra16 May 10th, 2011 05:29 PM

the white thing....what??? the marshmellow...looks so soft and mushy...:cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee May 10th, 2011 05:33 PM

Yeah for hummers! :clap:

We've only had 1 for the last couple years but this year, we up'd that number to two! :thumbs up

You're white thing that your not sure about once again...brought me a chuckle. :laughing: Thank you Chico2. :)

Tundra_Queen May 11th, 2011 12:36 AM

birdie pics AND VINNIE!!!! :lovestruck:

Goldfields May 11th, 2011 03:42 AM

That's fantastic, Chico2. I know you say that one was small, how big do they grow? And look, this might sound a real dumb question LOL, but do they hum? Is it the noise their wings make that gives them the name?

Melinda May 11th, 2011 06:45 AM

none yet near my feeders.......

krdahmer May 11th, 2011 07:46 AM

ooooOOOO hummers! they are so pretty! I got a smack for almost squishing a baby one in virginia, mistaking it for a bee!!!

and vinnie belly!!!! :flirt:

chico2 May 11th, 2011 07:52 AM

klmc.I am happy if I can get a smile out of someone:thumbs up

GF,you should ask Hazel about Hummers,she gets hundreds,if I get one once in a blue moon,I am happy:laughing: