Pet forum for dogs cats and humans -

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - (
-   Birds (
-   -   Kiss of Life (

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2010 11:33 PM

Kiss of Life
3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I][B]'tis the season. :D

A juvenile downy woodpecker clings to the fence, as his mother gathers food at the suet cage.

Beak full of suet, Mama Downy calls to Junior, encouraging him to come to her. His flight is still tentative, but he flutters over to the pole...

...and finally even manages to cling (rather precariously :D) to the corner of the platform feeder.

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2010 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]And that's when he receives the Kiss of Life.

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2010 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A juvenile chipping sparrow watches its parent gathering food.

A bit of begging...

...and again, that Kiss of Life.

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2010 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I][B]Time enough afterward to sit and appreciate the gift :D

BenMax June 24th, 2010 08:23 AM

How very beautiful Hazel. This made my morning GRAND.:thumbs up

chico2 June 24th, 2010 08:33 AM

Hazel,amazing pics,really touching and beautiful,thank you:grouphug:

Love4himies June 24th, 2010 08:46 AM

Those pics brought tears to my eyes, Hazel :cry: (happy warm tears). Just wonderful pics.

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 09:17 AM

Love the pictures.

Chris21711 June 24th, 2010 09:20 AM

What patience Hazel :)....I noticed the Rose Breasted Grosbeak giving you the eye :cool:

hazelrunpack June 24th, 2010 10:38 PM

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics. :D

Chris, the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are all over this about Big Brother watching you! :eek: Can't turn around but there's one spying on ya from somewhere :D I have some pics of them that I'll try to get posted tonight in the TJTwitter...

Dee-O-Gee June 24th, 2010 11:07 PM

The Kiss of Life! :cloud9:

I just got goosebumps seeing and reading your captions Hazel.

When all the world's a spinning, there comes a time when we need to get off the merry-go-round and just embrace life itself.

Beautiful pictures and wonderful captions Hazel! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack June 24th, 2010 11:52 PM

Glad you enjoyed them, klm! I was hoping to get some pics of the baby bluebirds, too. They fledged sometime during the past couple of days--I didn't get divebombed by Ma and Pa Bluebird this morning so I checked the box and it was empty! :highfive: But I never did find the little darlings. Ma and Pa must've taken them into the woods...

TeriM June 25th, 2010 12:59 AM

Awww, those pics are very sweet :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack June 25th, 2010 01:05 AM

Don't ya just love the mohawk on the juvie chipping sparrow? :flirt: Dang, he's cute!!!! :cloud9:

TeriM June 25th, 2010 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;931077]Don't ya just love the mohawk on the juvie chipping sparrow? :flirt: Dang, he's cute!!!! :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree :lovestruck:.

Acton November 3rd, 2010 05:01 AM

Very cut hazel ..........Nice sharing .