Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sibling rivalry (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68044)

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 03:41 PM

Sibling rivalry

3 Attachment(s)
Or...... do si do my butt!!!
[SIZE="1"]Please excuse the pee pads. They are down for Keesha. :o[/SIZE]
You wanna dance?
[ATTACH]61624[/ATTACH]
Prominade right does not mean bite my right shoulder!!
[ATTACH]61625[/ATTACH]
One below...
[ATTACH]61626[/ATTACH]

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 03:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Circle to the right....
[ATTACH]61628[/ATTACH]
Circle to the left.....
[ATTACH]61629[/ATTACH]
Ok, enough circling already! I'm getting dizzy.......
[ATTACH]61627[/ATTACH]

angeldogs January 21st, 2010 03:47 PM

I like the first pic,the great stand off:laughing:

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Swing your partner round and round
[ATTACH]61630[/ATTACH]
Bow to your partner....
[ATTACH]61631[/ATTACH]
And we're done!!

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=angeldogs;876484]I like the first pic,the great stand off:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yep. Basically that's what it was. Dayle doesn't put up with any crap from brother Timmy!! :D She might be tiny but she's mighty!

angeldogs January 21st, 2010 03:51 PM

The circling pics are cute.like the captions

It's hard not to laugh at them when cats or dogs do the standoff then run or pounce on each other.

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 04:00 PM

They were my entertainment for a few minutes today. Gave me a break away from the tedium of housework. Now it's time to get dindin together. :rolleyes:

diandpat January 21st, 2010 04:04 PM

OMG those are such great action shots...luv them :thumbs up

Now on to a stupid question...they are "playing" right? Because this is how Ziggy and Zuzu spend their lives and frankly some of the positioning worries me but I see your guys doing it. The strangle hold and the hind legs up are ok? Does either of them make any noise? Zuzu always sounds like she is growling but when I break it up she goes right back over there :wall::wall::wall: Don't want to traumatize anyone but don't want to spoil their "fun". (sorry for the wee threadjack but I can't help feel I am screwing my two up :crazy: )

Glad that no one is taking any crap...

14+kitties January 21st, 2010 04:12 PM

Completely normal. When things get too rough for either of them they will flounce off away from each other. Nothing to worry about. Yes, they will be growling and making little noises as they play. The only time I step in is if Dayle starts hissing. That's when she is telling Timmy enough.
It does look like they are killing each other but within the next hour or so you see them sleeping together. :cloud9:

krdahmer January 21st, 2010 05:29 PM

:laughing: :laugh: oh you are funny mf!!!! And those two are such elegant dancers! :laughing::lovestruck:

Love4himies January 21st, 2010 05:47 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:, great pics, 14+. It is so interesting to watch the interactions of the kitties when they are playing.

Of course, if they were fighting, you know that TT can aways come live with me :D

Diandpat: My cats play the same way, you can even add some hissing in the mix too. Sweet Pea will hiss if she is loosing and needs a break.

hazelrunpack January 21st, 2010 08:01 PM

I love the way Dayle usually ends up on top! Mighty Dayle, indeed! :laughing: You go, Gurl!!!!!

Great pics, 14+!!

TeriM January 22nd, 2010 12:12 AM

Great pics :lovestruck: and captions :laughing:. I'm guessing there is always a lot of entertainment at your house :lovestruck:.

growler~GateKeeper January 22nd, 2010 01:45 AM

Such graceful dancers :cloud9:

rainbow January 22nd, 2010 01:58 AM

Awww, such cute pics of your little dancers. :D

Tundra_Queen January 22nd, 2010 03:41 AM

14+ that is so cute! I love the markings of the cat in the first pic that is on the kitty tree platform...who is that one? I love the stripes on her/him.

Debbie

ancientgirl January 22nd, 2010 08:27 AM

Oh I love them. It's so much fun watching siblings interact.:lovestruck:

edwina January 22nd, 2010 05:03 PM

Very cute, i love to watch cats play. :D

Jim Hall January 22nd, 2010 06:39 PM

Because this is how Ziggy and Zuzu spend their lives and frankly some of the positioning worries me but I see your guys doing it. The strangle hold and the hind legs up are ok? Does either of them make any noise? Zuzu always sounds like she is growling but when I break it up she goes right back over there

lol :D:laughing::cat::clown:

Frenchy January 22nd, 2010 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;876532]Sweet Pea will hiss if she is loosing and needs a break.[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Coco does the same. It's ok if she initiates it but not when the boys do it :laughing:

Nice square dance 14+ :thumbs up

Winston January 22nd, 2010 07:34 PM

Great pics 14+ timing is everything eh! Boy they can dance! :D

14+kitties January 22nd, 2010 10:07 PM

Thanks everyone. I figured it was a neat series of pics.
Hubby still calls Timmy the "thug". He says he likes to cause trouble no matter where he goes. He never backs down from anything. No fear that boy. :cloud9: Dayle is actually a bit bigger than him weight wise but they are still pretty small.

[QUOTE=Love4himies;876532]
Of course, if they were fighting, you know that TT can aways come live with me :D[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing: NO!!! :D

[QUOTE=TeriM;876609]Great pics :lovestruck: and captions :laughing:. I'm guessing there is always a lot of entertainment at your house :lovestruck:.[/QUOTE]

Tons! I don't rent many movies. I usually have a show going on throughout the day.

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;876680]14+ that is so cute! I love the markings of the cat in the first pic that is on the kitty tree platform...who is that one? I love the stripes on her/him.

Debbie[/QUOTE]

Dayle is a classic tabby TQ. Dayle's fur looks and feels like velvet.
When I first foud the kittens after Stormy had them it was the first thing I noticed about her and her brother Chip (now adopted and named Nip). And then this tiny little grey tabby (Timmy) came crawling out from under them..... :cloud9: My heart was a goner.

onster January 23rd, 2010 12:56 PM

Great pics 14+, thanks for the laugh! :thumbs up:D

You really captured the moment and great captions too :)

chico2 January 23rd, 2010 04:14 PM

14+great to see the 2 little ones in action,Rocky and Vinnie do the same,other than white hair on the floor,there is never any harm done....until Rocky pulls his ears back,then Vinnie rolls away:laughing:
Great pics and captions:thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee January 23rd, 2010 11:32 PM

[I]"Circle to the left, circle to the right"[/I] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Do the hokeepokee...NOT! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I had a hip-hop song spinning through my head that coincided with the pics 14+ :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen January 24th, 2010 10:51 AM

14+ Dayle is so pretty. To me her markings remind me of a bengal. Willie is long haired tabby he has the MM's on his forehead, but his pattern is faint on his long hair.

14+kitties January 24th, 2010 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;877365][I]"Circle to the left, circle to the right"[/I] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Do the hokeepokee...NOT! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I had a hip-hop song spinning through my head that coincided with the pics 14+ :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks onster, chico and klm. :D klm - for some reason I had the square dance theme going. :shrug: Maybe I was channeling the long ago learning the moves to square dancing gym days. :rolleyes:

mona_b January 24th, 2010 09:06 PM

Nothing like a tabby show down....LOL

LOVE the captions.....:D

My 2 do the same..But before they do, they do the side step circle(slowly) with the ears back, then go for the kill....LOL

14+kitties January 24th, 2010 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;877491]14+ Dayle is so pretty. To me her markings remind me of a bengal. Willie is long haired tabby he has the MM's on his forehead, but his pattern is faint on his long hair.[/QUOTE]

Bengal's markings are slightly different. Although I had a customer in the store last year telling me she had a bengal when she lived in this area that escpaed her home. She claimed he was fixed but who knows. :shrug:

[QUOTE=mona_b;877709]Nothing like a tabby show down....LOL

LOVE the captions.....:D

My 2 do the same..But before they do, they do the side step circle(slowly) with the ears back, then go for the kill....LOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks m/f!! Yep, the side step was in there. It's pretty much the same ritual every day. Kind of funny when Tinka tried to get involved. :eek:

Stacer January 29th, 2010 08:39 PM

Awwww, they're so sweet. I love watching cats wrassle.