Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Speaking of October..... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65952)

Dee-O-Gee October 1st, 2009 09:52 PM

Speaking of October.....

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER]Now this is one heck of an October I'll never forget! :eek:

Evening of Thursday, October 12th...

[ATTACH]58502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58503[/ATTACH]

And this is what we woke up to on Friday, October 13th! :eek:[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"](well not really cause we never slept all night!)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"].
.[/COLOR][/SIZE][ATTACH]58504[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Dee-O-Gee October 1st, 2009 09:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER]Worst 48 hours of our lives! 3 feet of snow!

My street

[ATTACH]58505[/ATTACH]

My driveway. With branches, limbs and snow the mound was close to 5 feet of mess!

[ATTACH]58506[/ATTACH]

Poor Birch tree!

[ATTACH]58507[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Dee-O-Gee October 1st, 2009 10:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[CENTER]And just like that [SIZE="4"][I]"poof"[/I][/SIZE] the snow was almost gone in 2 days! Clean up took a couple months though. :frustrated:

[ATTACH]58508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58509[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The end[/FONT][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

lUvMyLaB<3 October 1st, 2009 10:27 PM

aww pulled the trees down? Havfta say tho. . .being from manitoba i dont have a lot of sympathy. . We usually see snow by oct, usually by halloween it is getting deep and there to stay until april, not to mention the temperatures. . .last year was a bad one, this year we have been lucky! That storm sure looked bad! Hope you do not get a repeat!

14+kitties October 1st, 2009 10:35 PM

That was some freak storm. We had great weather 20 min. away. It was hard to believe how bad it was in that area. A friend of mine works in Fort Erie. Needless to say she didn't go to work for a day or two.
:fingerscr there is no repeat this year. The almanac says we are in for a long, cold, hard winter. Let's hope they are as wrong as they have been for the last 7 or 8 years. :rolleyes:

bendyfoot October 2nd, 2009 12:16 PM

wow, that's crazy!!!

hazelrunpack October 2nd, 2009 12:23 PM

So eerie to see the snow melt and still find autumn colors on the trees!

Dee-O-Gee October 2nd, 2009 04:28 PM

Oh the sounds during the night of trees snapping, transformer's popping and the pelting rain was very scary. I guess that's what happens when you live in a snow belt area...[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]or should I say the Bermuda Triangle? [/COLOR][/SIZE]:shrug:

ownedbycats October 3rd, 2009 11:17 AM

We got that storm too. You're right, the CRAK of branches breaking was scary, you never knew where they were going to land. we lost a lot of big old trees to that storm. They would have been fine if it had happened later, but the leaves captured and held more snow than bare branches and down came huge limbs.

Frenchy October 3rd, 2009 11:30 AM

ewwww in October ? :frustrated:

I like your street tough , lots of mature trees :cloud9: