Offering: Donations! (Toronto, ON) long post
So over the last year we have accumulated some pet stuff that has either not been used, or barely used (they grow up so fast!). I had the intention of donating it all to a rescue located just outside the city, so I collected a few more toys from some friends. Unfortunately, the rescue and I just can NOT seem to coordinate a time to drop off/pick up the items. I also have not heard back from them in quite a while (2 months), so I've decided to post the items here and see if there are any other local rescues interested. OR if you know of a local rescue that could use these items (I know not all rescues could, since the dog items are quite small), please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated.
Here's a description of the items, followed by a photo:
1. Sisal and carpet cat scratching post (never used)
2. Black tough rubber "Chewber" frisbee (never used)
3. Small blue dog harness by Aspen Pet, adjusts from 8" to 14" (never used - still have packaging!)
4. Multicoloured rubber links ball (never used)
5. Medium red rubber Kong (gently used)
6. Nylabone bone/ball combo (bone ends show obvious signs of chewing)
7. Small light blue plaid nylon dog collar with plastic snap closure, adjusts from 11" to 16", about 1/2" wide (gently used)
8. Small red cat collar with buckle closure, about 12" long (gently used)
9. Small red leash, 1/2" wide, 4' long (gently used)
10. Stuffed lips dog toy (gently used)
11. Stuffed ball dog toy, with 6 removable velcro "wedges" (gently used)
12. Hard white rubber "Cuz" dog toy (gently used)
Not shown in photo:
13. Turquoise and white high-sided plastic sifting litter box (barely used!)
14. Brown plastic pet carrier, for small dogs and cats - similar to the one seen in second photo (used, with signs of wear and tear - one of the plastic "bolts" that holds the top and bottom together is missing, so in its current condition this carrier could only be used for restraining pets in a vehicle and carrying very short distances; my boyfriend is planning to screw in a new bolt and then it should be good for carrying)
[B]Please[/B] keep in mind I am not necessarily looking to give these items away to typical pet owners - I would really prefer to donate them to a rescue that could use them. I could split them up into cat/dog items if needed, as I know there are few rescues which work with both cats and dogs - I already tried one of the few I know!
I am sure one of the people who work in rescue here will scoop these items up. If you have no takers Animal Control at the exhibition would gladly take them. I have given them a few cages and stuff.
This stuff is GOLD! Rescues would definately benefit!
How about checking out a local Sibe or Pug rescue group in your area since you have one of each? Doesnt mean you have a preference over one or the other but makes the decision easier for you!
I am sure they will love to receive it! If you cant decide then perhaps you could have a garage sale and donate the money? whatever you do it will be great!
EOF I'm so glad you joined pets.ca, you seem so nice :highfive:! I'm sure a rescue or shelter would love this stuff, It looks to be in really good condition, and even the little dog stuff should get some use.
Awww, thanks MommaKat! lol that just made my day.
Thanks, everyone. Mastifflover, if I can't find a rescue then I will definitely check out TAS South - I thought of THS, but when I heard they were throwing out donated beds, blankets, etc., I was like....um, no.
Winston, I did think of a local Pug rescue. The only reason I don't want to split it all up is because I feel like if I am only donating one or two items, the rescue may feel I am just dumping off an old toy or something. I tried a Guelph rescue that rescues dogs of all breeds as well as cats - then I was certain all the items would be useful. But like I said, no luck :sad:
Looks like Toronto Animal Services might be a good bet. Do they use toys? I just thought I would check first if there was anyone in rescue on here who could use it - you guys get first dibs!
The cat rescue I work through in Toronto would probably love to have a gently used carrier and the kitty toys. Maybe even the doggie items. It's a wonderful organization that helps thousands of kitties every year. :thumbs up
Hehe, guess it would help if I added a link.
[QUOTE=14+kitties;796650]The cat rescue I work through in Toronto would probably love to have a gently used carrier and the kitty toys. Maybe even the doggie items. It's a wonderful organization that helps thousands of kitties every year. :thumbs up
Hehe, guess it would help if I added a link.
14+, I've heard of TCR! I regularly read a blog written by one of the members - I soooo badly want to foster for them, but will have to wait until we get our own place :sad: Is there someone specific I should contact? You can PM me if you need to.
Actually, there is a telephone number under "contact TCR" on their web site. They have different people for different areas of the city so the woman I work with may not be in your area. You'd probably have more luck contacting them directly and asking if they could use the items.
Like I said, they are a wonderful rescue. They do so much to help the strays/ferals in TO and area. I personally have had over 20 cats done through them.
Could you PM me the addy for the blog you read? It would be wonderful to read. :) Thanks! :thumbs up
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.