Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Gotcha Day Colby! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62122)

Kahne9Lover April 14th, 2009 09:06 PM

Happy Gotcha Day Colby!

3 Attachment(s)
One year ago I finally convinced DH that Maya needed a "brother" THANK YOU PETFINDER! He was a skinny boy, but his eyes got me. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY COLBY!

His Petfinder Picture then, Colby now, and playing with sister Maya.

mollywog April 14th, 2009 09:08 PM

CONGRATS! And thanks for adopting :thumbs up isn't it amazing, the difference a year can make? I love seeing before and after pics!! :lovestruck:

Kahne9Lover April 14th, 2009 09:19 PM

He only weighed 49 lbs when we brought him home, he's now a chubby 75. I was amazed how quickly he took to us, he was Maya's best buddy within a day or two, and about a week at home, he quietly snuck onto the couch while I was napping, and fell asleep next to me. At that moment I knew I was his "mommy". He is such a cuddlebug. We were definately blessed.

14+kitties April 14th, 2009 09:32 PM

That does not even look like the same dog!! Good job. :highfive: Colby couldn't have asked for a better "fit"!
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="6"]Happy Gotcha Day!! [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kahne9Lover April 14th, 2009 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually got my two babies to sit for a picture! (Maya's eyes are drippy right now, had to start eye drops yesterday, its allergy season again:yell:)

mollywog April 14th, 2009 10:01 PM

aww poor Maya, I can sympathize, I am an allergy sufferer myself! I love the way she's sitting, she looks so laid back! :laughing:

Kahne9Lover April 14th, 2009 10:14 PM

Now is the time to start bugging the hubby for a chocolate to round out the pack...:laughing: If only our house wasn't so small...I keep leaving "bookmarks" on his computer of choc labs on petfinder. I don't think he'll fall for it, he says our bed is too small for 3 labs, and he's not moving to the couch to sleep. I could always trade HIM in for a dwarf hubby :D

Etown_Chick April 14th, 2009 11:38 PM

Kahne9, congrats!
He's a lucky boy to have found his perfect home.

hazelrunpack April 15th, 2009 12:09 AM

Colby, you're such a handsome dude! :flirt:

[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]happy [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]gotcha [COLOR="Magenta"]day!!![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

[QUOTE=Kahne9Lover;769052]If only our house wasn't so small...I keep leaving "bookmarks" on his computer of choc labs on petfinder. I don't think he'll fall for it, he says our bed is too small for 3 labs, and he's not moving to the couch to sleep. I could always trade HIM in for a dwarf hubby :D[/QUOTE]

We have a small house and we've got 8. :o Just tell hubby that labs come in sets of 3 and without the chocolab, they'll feel incomplete. :D You'll just need to get a bigger bed! :laughing:

luckypenny April 15th, 2009 03:46 AM

[B][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Indigo"]Happy Gotcha Day Colby!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Both he and Maya are adorable :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl April 15th, 2009 08:25 AM

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="DimGray"]HAPPY GOTCHA DAY COLBY![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Those pictures of him, from when you got him to now are like night and day. He was so thin and his coat dull, and now look at him! He's a handsome boy!

I hope Maya's eyes get better soon.:fingerscr

Sylvie April 15th, 2009 09:21 AM

Happy Gotcha Day Colby

What a handsome boy and his sister is a looker also. So glad you got him.:thumbs up Keep up the good work.

Miss Moe April 16th, 2009 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Kahne9Lover;769023]He only weighed 49 lbs when we brought him home, he's now a chubby 75. I was amazed how quickly he took to us, he was Maya's best buddy within a day or two, and about a week at home, he quietly snuck onto the couch while I was napping, and fell asleep next to me. At that moment I knew I was his "mommy". He is such a cuddlebug. We were definately blessed.[/QUOTE] Oh my gosh, it is amazing how quickly they learn what love is. Congradulations to you both! Colby looks so happy and obviously likes the camera :D