Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello From Barrie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60012)

Teddy's Mom January 18th, 2009 12:52 PM

Hello From Barrie

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ashley, first time poster.. long time listener (:D).

I'm from Barrie, ON and I'm a current Cat-ma to Teddy; our 20+ lbs of Bengal x cat. And I'm hoping soon to be a Dog-ma to Pudding a Basset/Lab cross.. but there's some issues there.. which I will post in the Transport thread. I just found out that I can't post in the Transport thread (sorry).. So I'm not sure how to ask for Transport help?

I'm a member of a couple other forums.. mostly under the user name BannedBreed Lover.. So maybe some of you may know me from there :)

I look forward to meet you all! It's a cute forum for so many pet lovers! And I love the smileys!!! :laughing:

14+kitties January 18th, 2009 01:14 PM

Welcome Teddy'sMom to our cute forum. :D Don't know if it's ever been referred to that way before or not. :rolleyes: If you have been a long time reader then you know we need pics.

Where are you transporting from? It is possible that people here know rescues in the area who can arrange a "transport train." I am sure someone will come along soon to help. I am from Owen Sound originally so know your area somewhat.

hazelrunpack January 18th, 2009 01:44 PM

Hi, Teddy's Mom.

14+ is absolutely correct, pics are a must :D We're relentless when it comes to buggin' people for pics of their furbabies. [size=1]we don't mean to be relentless, we just can't help ourselves [/size]:o

Welcome to the board! Good luck with your transport :goodvibes:

Teddy's Mom January 18th, 2009 02:23 PM

This is Teddy, my Bengal x, who we rescued from our local SPCA. June 1st is his 5th birthday. I can't believe time has passed that quickly. We rescued him when he was 9 months old. Our little man had a serious case of pneumonia, then two secondary eye infections when we got him.. but he's doing wonderful now.. and we love him to pieces!
[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/BannedBreedLover/Family%20Pets/teddy1.jpg[/IMG]

This is Pudding (aka Pudding Cup:rolleyes:). She's actually in North Carolina, where after talking to a member of another forum, we've been approved to adopt her. She's the one that we are hoping to find transport for, as she can get shuttled to Montreal.. but we don't have a car, and the closest we can get a drive to is Toronto. We're willing to help with transport costs.. we just desperately want to bring our Pudding Cup home... Thank you for the warm welcomes.. and Yes.. this forum is cute in how it's layed out!
[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/BannedBreedLover/IMG_49201.jpg[/IMG]

Teddy's Mom January 18th, 2009 07:00 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind welcomes.

I tried to post earlier with pictures, but the message said that it couldn't be posted, but I didn't get to see why. Most likely user error..:D

So I've uploaded a couple of pictures to my profile album. One of Teddy, and also of Pudding, the dog who were hoping to bring home.

As for transport needs, Pudding is being shuttled up to Montreal, but we're in Barrie and we don't have a car ourselves; we've gotten a ride, but only to about the Toronto area. If there's anyone out there that could help us out, or may know of someone.. we'd really appreciate the help... a million times over! :lovestruck:

Sowilu January 18th, 2009 07:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, I don't know if I should be welcoming you since I am new myself! :eek:

Ok so we need transport from Montreal to Toronto. We had somebody that was going to do Ajax to Toronto but she can't make it on the weekends. We are scheduling the trip for either Jan. 23 or 24 depending on when my boss gets to Canada he will be doing transport from NC,USA to Montreal, Canada. I am Pudding's foster mom and I would really appreciate it if somebody could help my girl out.

angeldogs January 18th, 2009 08:16 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum,both are very good looking.

Sowilu January 19th, 2009 11:00 PM

We have until tomorrow to find transport! Please crosspost or does anybody know of a rescue that could help?

Sowilu January 20th, 2009 09:13 AM

PLEASE HELP WE HAVE UNTIL TODAY!!!!

I tried to pm the ppl that are involve with rescue transport but I have not idea how to do it and I also send an email but got no reply. Can somebody contact them for me?

Teddy's Mom January 20th, 2009 10:33 AM

We have transport secured from Markham to Ottawa!!! Is there anyone out there who would be willing to drive from Ottawa to Montreal, incase they can't go that extra drive.

Rottielover January 20th, 2009 11:51 AM

When do you need it by, I can only drive weekends, I work fulltime :(

Teddy's Mom January 20th, 2009 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=Rottielover;734875]When do you need it by, I can only drive weekends, I work fulltime :([/QUOTE]

It would be this weekend on the 23-24th.

Leg 1/ NC to Montreal (Secured)
Leg 2/ Montreal to Ottawa (maybe be needed)
Leg 3/ Ottawa to Markham (Secured)

Mat&Murph January 20th, 2009 02:15 PM

Hey and Welcome!! I am keeping my fingures crossed for you guys to get the transport!!!!

t.pettet January 20th, 2009 07:18 PM

Hello from Barrie

Congrats on your new (pending) pup. However did you manage to adopt from the US? I have tried a couple of times but so many roadblocks.