Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat product reviews (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Kitty Kong (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48578)

krdahmer January 18th, 2008 01:27 PM

Kitty Kong

1 Attachment(s)
I got one of these a year or so ago, thought it would be great for my plastic chewers (Fagan and Buddy)... but at first even with the catnip they just batted it a couple times and had no interest in it. That was until... a few months ago I had a :lightbulb: moment.... the yellow ear thingy was gone, and the catnip wasn't working, so I took a pinch of loose catnip placed it in the kong and then stuffed it with a long fluffy tailed rattle mouse! Now it's the best toy ever. I find it all over the place (mostly on my bed). Although it hasn't detered Fagan and his plastic chewing yet... at least I can distract him for a bit. :thumbs up

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/10.gif[/img]

sugarcatmom January 18th, 2008 01:44 PM

Aztec LOVES his Kitty Kong! I put treats in it instead of catnip. He even knows that when I say "where's yer Kong?" to go and look for it cause he's gonna get something tasty. I'll post some pics later of him playing with it.

sugarcatmom January 19th, 2008 10:30 PM

Kong in action

3 Attachment(s)
Here's Aztec checking his Kong for some treats:

Stacer January 20th, 2008 09:05 PM

Hmmm...I didn't know this existed. I'm going to have to acquire it for my little ones. Angus is very treat motivated, this should be fun.

14+kitties January 20th, 2008 09:50 PM

Mmmm, 16 kitties fighting over that. I can see it now. :eek:Guess I have to get 16 of them. How expensive are they? :rolleyes:

jiorji January 20th, 2008 09:53 PM

oohhh we want one too!!:D

Ford Girl January 21st, 2008 01:19 PM

They have these at the humane society for the cats!! They love them! They also have these rubber flat disc type things that spin and wobble and throw treats out as it spins...it throws them in random, the cats chase the treat and then have to come back and spin it again, not sure of the actual name - but they are Kitty Kong's.

Stacer January 21st, 2008 06:24 PM

I can't find them anywhere!!!:yell::yell:

Melinda January 22nd, 2008 07:42 AM

you'd have to look on ebay or that type of place, the company discontinued them, I have no idea what the reason was

kit1469 January 22nd, 2008 12:54 PM

my dog used to love hers i had no idea there was one for cats !!.. is it heavy?? my cats have these little foam type balls from the dollar store and love them and i got them some heavier toys (zig zag balls or something ) and they hate them... (put real simply they wont play with anything heavier now .. haha

krdahmer February 12th, 2008 10:23 AM

The kitty kong is very light...

NoahGrey March 23rd, 2008 01:06 PM

I'll have to get one for my cat.....most definalty *S* 'll have to check out petsmart.

ACO22

ancientgirl March 24th, 2008 01:09 PM

The Kitty Kong has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I've emailed them twice asking why they discontinued it. They only told me to check online because it might be available from an online source.

What bothers me is I asked them twice why they discontinued it and didn't get an answer. My suspicious nature wonders if there might have been something wrong with the product.

duttypaws March 24th, 2008 01:25 PM

oooh if you find let me know i really want one for the girlies...

sugarcatmom March 24th, 2008 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;568077]What bothers me is I asked them twice why they discontinued it and didn't get an answer. My suspicious nature wonders if there might have been something wrong with the product.[/QUOTE]

I suspect it's probably because it wasn't a big seller. I don't see how it could possibly cause any harm to cats (human's might be a different story - stepping on it in the middle of the night always gives me a heart attack, and there's also the potential choking hazard for small kids).

ancientgirl March 24th, 2008 04:44 PM

You're most likely right. It's a shame, because I'd really love to have one for each of the gang.