Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What could it be? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46709)

Frenchy November 19th, 2007 07:22 PM

What could it be?

Now that I have high speed , sometimes I'm answering a post and hit send , it logs me off :confused: I mean here in pets.ca. What could be the problem ? :confused:

Writing4Fun November 19th, 2007 07:26 PM

When you log in, are you clicking "Remember Me"? If not, you're timing out when you take too long to post. Happens to me all the time. It's my signal that I have to learn stop talking. :laughing:

Frenchy November 19th, 2007 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=Writing4Fun;504079]If not, you're timing out when you take too long to post. [/QUOTE]

I post A LOT but never long posts .... weird. Maybe Marko has put something in my profile to slow me down because I'm posting too much :laughing:

otter November 19th, 2007 10:58 PM

I have high speed for my computer... but my brain is still on dial-up :D
I get logged off all the time :frustrated:

CearaQC November 19th, 2007 11:16 PM

What web browser are you using?

I use Firefox, and my operating system is Win XP. I don't get logged off.

Maybe your cookie security settings are too high? Or have expirations? I am not certain... just throwing out some ideas off the top of my head.

Check Tools/Options and look for cookies (the cached information on your computer for websites like this one that use logins).

marko November 20th, 2007 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]When you log in, are you clicking "Remember Me"? [/QUOTE]

This is key. Are you doing this Frenchy and Otter?

thx

marko

Frenchy November 20th, 2007 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=Writing4Fun;504079]When you log in, are you clicking "Remember Me"? [/QUOTE]

I did right after I saw your reply and it worked !!!! So now I can post and post and post some more .... :mwaha:

marko November 20th, 2007 11:54 AM

Some members are reluctant to click the remember me checkbox for some reason. I think it has to do with their perception of privacy issues.

I too am REALLY concerned about privacy and I surf the Net with caution. But clicking the 'remember me' button does on our board does not compromise any member's privacy in any way - It just allows our board to know to keep you logged in until, YOU the user choose to loggout. When I surf our board from my own safe computer, I almost NEVER log off.

That whole system was designed to protect the member from other people logging in to their accounts and changing settings etc. But for most users that probably is not an issue.

When I use someone else's computer to check our board EVEN THEN I click the remember me checkbox. But I do [B]make sure[/B] to click the Log OUT button when I'm done....and in the 7 years or so since I've been doing this, I've never once had an issue with privacy or security.

Hope that helps,

Marko