Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found Husky - Welland/Pelham (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45013)

allycatz September 28th, 2007 10:22 PM

Found Husky - Welland/Pelham

Found a male NON neutered husky dog running free on Rice road in Pelham, Ontario. Fairly young. Found with a prong collar and a short lead leash (owner should be able to describe this leash). If you think this is your dog please call (905) 892 1036 or e-mail [email]allycatz_ca(at)hotmail.com[/email]. He's fine, just a bit shaken up I think. Will post an image tomorrow as I can't seem to locate my usb cord. Anyway, until then here is a description: he has a black body with a predominantly white tail... white underbelly and white chest. His ears are black on the outside and white inside. His face is white in a 'w' pattern (if you understand what I mean! haha). He also has a few broken lines of black in the middle of the 'w'. Blue eyes. He knows how to sit and shake a paw. Very sweet dog.

rainbow September 29th, 2007 12:35 AM

It sounds like he got loose from someone if he has a lead on. I certainly hope he wasn't tied out on a short one. :eek: Did you contact the SPCA/shelters/pound in your area to let them know in case they get a call from someone.

allycatz September 29th, 2007 02:21 AM

Have contacted all the appropriate people, including the local police. ha ha He must have pulled free during a walk or something. He's quite upset and has cried a fair amount. Explaining why I am up at such a late hour. Poor little guy misses his family. Hopefully someone has seen one of the many ads I have posted online and will call in the morning. Otherwise I think I'll be printing up some posters! Thanks for the concern.

rainbow September 29th, 2007 02:46 AM

I am so glad that he has you to take care of him for now.....thank you. :angel: I have a definite soft spot for Siberian Huskies. :cloud9:

chico2 September 29th, 2007 08:05 AM

Allycatz,so glad he found you,hopefully a VERY greatful owner will surface..I took part in catching a runaway Husky this Sunday,luckily the owner was found.
Please keep us updated!

allycatz September 29th, 2007 11:34 AM

Owners came and picked him up just now! Theres one happy little boy out there right now! haha Thanks for the interest and support! I was worried that I would have to bring him to the Spca as he kept trying to mate with my 13 year old neutered male collie!! Eeek! haha

rainbow September 29th, 2007 06:42 PM

WOO HOO....I love happy endings. :cloud9: Thank you for taking him in and finding his owner. :angel:

And, btw, welcome to pets.ca and I hope you decide to stick around. :thumbs up We'd love to see pics of your collie. :pawprint:

chico2 September 30th, 2007 07:37 AM

:thumbs upgreat news!!
I hate to think of any animal lost,but then there are caring people like you,good stuff!!