Man burned rescuing pets from burning kennels
WINNIPEG - The owner of a kennel is being praised for his heroic actions in saving dozens of dogs and cats from a fire Monday morning at Santana Kennels, just west of Winnipeg.
Fifty-one dogs 11 cats were being housed at the kennel. All of them survived, although one cat escaped and several dogs suffered from smoke inhalation.
Carla Martinelli with the Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter, which was housing some of its dogs at Santana, says kennel owner Iain McIver repeatedly returned to the burning building to open cages and get the animals out.
Martinelli says one rescue was especially difficult: "It was a Pomeranian that suffered burns to its body and Ian got that one out, and actually I think he got bitten at the same time he tried to grab that one. On top of that, that's when he got a lot of his burns was getting that dog out."
Martinelli says McIver suffered mostly second-degree burns to his head, hands and arms. He was treated at hospital and released.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2012 Pets.ca. All Rights Reserved.