Ten Best Reasons to Spay/Neuter Your Dog
1. You love your dog and want him to live a long, healthy life.
Spaying and neutering reduces the risk of certain types of cancers
and infections, especially if it is performed prior to the first heat
in females and before puberty in males.
2. You are concerned about pet overpopulation and don't want to
contribute to the tragedy of so many dogs dying homeless.
3. You are a self-assured, confident individual and don't need your
dog's genitalia to boost your self esteem.
4. You don't want to put your female through the risks associated
5. You want your dog to live a happy life free from stress and
Intact males can smell females in heat miles away. They are in
constant state of frustration when triggered by their sexual hormones
but not able to do anything about it.
6. Neutered males are easier to control and less aggressive.
"The majority of dog bites are made by intact males. No fatal dog
attack involving an altered dog was ever reported."
7. Spayed females are more stable and even-tempered.
The female reproduction cycle lasts 6 months. During that cycle the
dog goes through frequent hormonal changes that directly influence
her behavior. Think of it this way: The premenstrual cycle (PMS) of a
female dog lasts several months.
8. You support rescue and want to set a good example.
9. You like your house clean.
Spaying eliminates the possibility of getting blood stains on your
couch, floor, bed, etc. when your female has her heat cycle.
Neutering reduces/eliminates marking behavior both indoors and out..
10. Accidents happen! Dogs don't wear condoms.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.