Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Good Luck Duffy (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52735)

Love4himies May 29th, 2008 07:09 AM

Good Luck Duffy

Sending Duffy some :goodvibes: today! Good luck at the vet.

Winston May 29th, 2008 07:52 AM

Sending good vibes for Duffy!! :thumbs up

breeze May 29th, 2008 08:34 AM

Good luck Duffy :thumbs up

:goodvibes:

[img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/cats2/11.gif[/img]

14+kitties May 29th, 2008 08:36 AM

Sending :fingerscr and :goodvibes: for vets today.

onster May 29th, 2008 08:56 AM

:fingerscr:fingerscr good luck duffy :grouphug:

Frenchy May 29th, 2008 11:49 AM

Good luck Duffy ! :cat: :goodvibes:

krdahmer May 29th, 2008 12:00 PM

:goodvibes: for Duffy from me and the kitties too!:pawprint: (Why is she at the vets?... did I miss something?)

Love4himies May 29th, 2008 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=krdahmer;599033]:goodvibes: for Duffy from me and the kitties too!:pawprint: (Why is she at the vets?... did I miss something?)[/QUOTE]

Duffy has a dental appt today.

krdahmer May 29th, 2008 12:15 PM

Ah... thanks... well then doubly :goodvibes: from me and Smoke! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack May 29th, 2008 10:30 PM

:goodvibes: Duffy!

The Pack is sending good dental vibes! :dog:

meg4050 May 29th, 2008 10:39 PM

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: Duffy!!

growler~GateKeeper May 29th, 2008 11:39 PM

:thankyou: gals :) the good vibes were great :thumbs up

Duffy came through the surgery great, she only had a little problem with her blood pressure when they first put her under. A little dopamine brought her back up where she was supposed to be :), course it also made her a little more loopy :rolleyes: One holistic remedy to help w/pain and one to promote healing so she's doing good.

One molar removed, one molar crown aputation, and 4 tiny insisors removed = 6 less teeth for my little girl. The good thing is they rechecked her chipped canine and there is no nerve exposure so it will be fine :thumbs up

And I did ask for the teeth back :D amazing that the roots are bigger than the teeth :shrug: They are also gonna send me a copy of the xrays they took. :D

Duffy is so happy to be home & to get to eat :laughing:

shredy May 29th, 2008 11:48 PM

so glad to hear that Duffy is doing good. Sounds like you have a great vet that takes good care of her to do blood pressure monitoring and support with dopamine... Give her lots of hugs, kisses and squeezes for me!

krdahmer May 30th, 2008 01:00 AM

Glad to hear Duffy did well! (Hope we get some patient pics too!):highfive:

growler~GateKeeper May 30th, 2008 02:30 AM

I'll get some pics tomorrow :D

Yes she had a gret vet to look after her :thumbs up she was on IV the whole procedure that eased my mind about her kidneys and she's got the holistic support to help ease any pain she may have. :)

Oh yeah for anyone wondering the bill was $1065 :rolleyes: it's only money right - thank dawg for visa :laughing:

Love4himies May 30th, 2008 05:52 AM

I am so glad Duffy made it through with flying colours!!!!

ancientgirl May 30th, 2008 08:45 AM

I'm sorry, I totally missed this. I'm glad she's doing well and got those teeth taken out. Yay for being able to eat!

Dr Lee May 30th, 2008 10:15 AM

I am so glad that Duffy did well. That was certainly a large procedure. I am sure Duffy is going to feel much better! Wishing her a speedy and comfortable recovery.:)

14+kitties May 30th, 2008 11:11 AM

Good girl Duffy! I am sure mom worried the whole time. Glad to hear things went well. :goodvibes: for a quick recovery!

Frenchy May 30th, 2008 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=growler;599384]
Oh yeah for anyone wondering the bill was $1065 :rolleyes: it's only money right - thank dawg for visa :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:eek: really , I should go back to school to become a vet. :wall:

I'm glad Duffy is doing ok !! :thumbs up

jiorji May 30th, 2008 11:41 AM

yay Duffy

Peanut would like to spare a treat for you. Only one though :rolleyes: since you're doing so well. :laughing:

Dr Lee May 30th, 2008 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;599470]:eek: really , I should go back to school to become a vet. :wall:[/QUOTE]

If you knew our overhead, you would not think this way! If fact when vets look at the overhead, the lack of respect compared to other 'real doctors', the high emotional stress, and the high litigation liability, many vets regret their decision. Right now, a new study shows veterinarians as the highest suicide rate of professionals at 4 times the general public and 2 times other professionals. Also there is a huge decrease in our numbers making us more scarce. Sorry, will stop being off topic.

Frenchy May 30th, 2008 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=Dr Lee;599476] Right now, a new study shows veterinarians as the highest suicide rate of professionals at 4 times the general public and 2 times other professionals. [/QUOTE]

Yes I have heard about that ..... the fact that many people get their cats/dogs euthanase for stupid reason , doesn't help them either. My vet tried to get a customer to give me (to foster for our rescue) her golden once. He had a slight hip problem , but she had him put down anyway , she said : no way , nobody is getting my dog ! :wall:

But still , it would be practical for me with 2 cats and 3 dogs .... :D

hazelrunpack May 30th, 2008 02:38 PM

I'm glad she did so well, growler! :grouphug: One load off your mind, eh?

How is she doing today? :goodvibes:

chico2 May 30th, 2008 04:05 PM

Aww Duffy,I did not know,I am glad she's ok,that was a lot of dentalwork,OUCH!!
When you compare it to human dentistry,it really is not that expensive,the work is not much different.
Sure it's hard on your pocket-book,but well worth it.
We just paid one of our sons dental-bills which was $3.000+,he just did not have that kind of money.
I am just hoping none of my kitties need anything done right now..

growler~GateKeeper May 30th, 2008 11:36 PM

Thanks everyone :D yes definately a load off :)

Duffy would love the treat that Peanut :lovestruck: is willing to share :cloud9:

Duffy is doing good today, a couple of remedy doses to help w/her comfort level today and it seems to make her a bit sleepy too which is good sleep always makes one feel better & heal faster. Plus she slept through the night & didn't wake me for breakfast as per usual @ 3 - 4 am, instead I had to get her goin' @ 6am, a first for sure :laughing:.

As for the :cat: pics they will have to wait for tomorrow - I have some for uploading and I will then take pics of the teeth that came back too, but not a lot of time tonight :rolleyes:

Jim Hall May 30th, 2008 11:43 PM

yeah for duffy she is gonna feel a lot better

growler~GateKeeper May 31st, 2008 12:02 AM

Thanks Jim :D

I can imagine how sore her mouth was :sad: The four tiny bottom jaw insisors that came out had fractured roots :eek: :sad: Never stopped or even slowed her down from eating though :D

hazelrunpack May 31st, 2008 08:30 AM

Owieee! :eek: Poor Duffy! :yell: She was so brave! :angel:

The Pack sends her all the virtual magical healing setter spittle she can handle...let me know if she wants more (if you bathe in it, it makes the fur soft and silky...:D :eeew:)

:goodvibes: for super fast healing, Duffy!