Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Picasa 3 Photo Editor (& Wedding Planning Pics!) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68190)

Chaser January 30th, 2010 01:41 PM

Picasa 3 Photo Editor (& Wedding Planning Pics!)

1 Attachment(s)
Somebody was saying that they were doing a trial with a Microsoft Picture Editor because it makes collages and I recommended Picasa 3 by Google because it is free. Unfortunately I forget who this was in relation to already :o

Anyway, this is one of the collages that you can make using Picasa....they can be done manually or automatically by the program.

It's great for re-sizing, fixing red-eye, etc. as well!

Anyone who is interested just google "Picasa 3" to download - it's really fantastic! :)

Chaser January 30th, 2010 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and here is a Furries one I made a while ago too :D

diandpat January 30th, 2010 01:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:laughing::laughing::laughing: that was me Chaser, thanks! :thumbs up I figure with the gazillion pics I have collages are the way to go for a while. I have actually had Picasa for a while. This trial came up while I was working with photos on Windows (somehow, don't even remember how). I also have another program that makes collages. What I like about the one I was trying is that is softened the edges and I have not fooled with the other enough to figure out how to do that or if it is even possilbe.

Love the wedding collage and always always love pics of beautiful furkids :lovestruck:

Chaser January 30th, 2010 03:31 PM

Hmmm...the soft edges are a nice touch. Never thought about trying to do that.

ancientgirl January 30th, 2010 03:41 PM

I'm going to have to look into that. I'd love to make something that I could frame of the gang.

diandpat January 30th, 2010 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Chaser;879617]Hmmm...the soft edges are a nice touch. Never thought about trying to do that.[/QUOTE]

If you have time to figure it out before I do, please share :D I prefer the soft edges and with this program you can make them softer or harder, as you wish! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack January 30th, 2010 04:01 PM

Those are wonderful collages! Anyone know how big the download is for the Picasa 3 program? :o Something tells me it'll be too big for my connection, though... :(

Chaser January 30th, 2010 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=diandpat;879624]If you have time to figure it out before I do, please share :D I prefer the soft edges and with this program you can make them softer or harder, as you wish! :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Boo....I've been playing around and doesn't seem like soft edges are an option. Hopefully in their next version it will be....

Sorry Hazel, I'm not sure how big it is :( You might be able to manage to do it overnight though :shrug:

hazelrunpack January 30th, 2010 10:58 PM

My main problem isn't the time...it's keeping the connection long enough to finish the download. :( I couldn't find a size on it, either, but I can maybe find a contact number or email and pose the question to them :thumbs up