Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Photo Help Please (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=775)

Jack October 21st, 2002 09:51 PM

Photo Help Please

I can't for the life of me figure out how if I can get one photo up (Jack) I can't get any more up! :confused:

Can someone give me a hand ? Thanks :)

shamur October 23rd, 2002 05:10 PM

I was hoping someone could help you rather then me, but I will have a go.
You click on reply. write your message. go to browse, choose your picture and click on open. then submit your post.

Hope this helps....

Jack October 24th, 2002 04:31 PM

Thanks!

1 Attachment(s)
That's exactly what I did the first time with the picture of Jack.

But I can't seem to bring up any more photos! They are jpg so they [B]should[/B] happen.....

Let me try again.

Jack October 24th, 2002 04:34 PM

Yipee!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok let me do that one more time.....*fingers crossed*

My sweetie-pie Jack.......

shamur October 24th, 2002 10:09 PM

He is one handsom dog, beautiful coat.

Jack October 25th, 2002 04:41 PM

Thanks Shamur!

I'm baised of course, but dang it!! He is a handsome dude! :D

Thanks so much for the compliments! Woof!

Choc Lab Lover October 25th, 2002 08:11 PM

Nice looking woofer!!

Question for you.. that is a shepard right??

Do you know why sheppards body's sloap downward shoulders down to butt?? Some ive seen are like this while others arent... i was wondering if its how they are supposed to be or if thats something messed up?? do you know?

Jack October 27th, 2002 03:17 PM

Yep, that's a German Shepherd!

1 Attachment(s)
Jack says thanks for your compliment!

Alot of the GSD's that you see now are indeed sloped. These are mostly from Canadian/American lines. This is the way the CKC and AKC and many others have set their standard for that breed. Mainly the breeders that breed for showing have the more pronounced sloping dogs. Some are so sloped their butt is 3 inches off the ground, and their hocks are scraping along the ground. And that is because of intense line-breeding. Those breeders should be ashamed of the way they've messed up!!!!

What I was used to seeing as a child were the more stockier straight back types. And those were mostly from German lines and Shiloh lines. And that's what I have now. A GSD from German lines.

Here's a link to some photos of the GSD then, and now.

[URL=http://realgsd.info/GSDinfo/GerAm/many1.htm]Photos[/URL]

Choc Lab Lover October 27th, 2002 03:53 PM

Sloped like that looks awful!!

Joanne October 27th, 2002 05:54 PM

Very handsome dog!

I must say that Jack is a very nice-looking shepard! ! I love his dark face too ! How old is he?
Joanne

Jack October 29th, 2002 06:15 PM

Jack

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliment Joanne!

Jack is just over 5 years young. The picture was taken when he was 3 and right now he has a little more grey around his muzzle.

Here's a photo I took the other day.

Joanne October 29th, 2002 08:13 PM

nice!

1 Attachment(s)
Jack sure is handsome! Hopefully you are a good owner (and I am sure you are!)- when I was 6 I was attacked by a german shepard. I blame the owner, not the dog! I was riding my bike down the road and suddently there were jaws on my leg! He pulled me off my bike - luckily my Mom was behind me and got the dog off, but not before he inflicted permanant scars - we looked over and the owners were in their yard, laughing! ! ! Luckily this didn't affect my feelings toward dogs - I love them all! It's the bad owners that are a problem! This was 30 years ago - and the memory is still vivid! Enjoy Jack - I'm sure he is a wonderful and well behaved dog!
Joanne
p.s. this is partly why I have my LITTLE guy....... ha ha!