Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blinds open or closed (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=85738)

normad August 12th, 2014 11:57 AM

Blinds open or closed

Hi again everyone It's me with more questions This time it's about window blinds. Sammy is an indoor cat but lately lots of birds are hanging around near our window And Sammy seems to be showing hunting behavior And making weird noises while watching the birds. I just want to be sure he is enjoying this and it is not stressing him out. Your opinions are very important to me And thank you from me and Sammy.

Barkingdog August 12th, 2014 12:28 PM

Sammy want the blinds open , what kind cat is he ? Some breed of cats are very vocal about everything.

hazelrunpack August 12th, 2014 01:08 PM

I suspect he'd much prefer to have the blinds open so he can watch the activity. Sort of like 'cat TV' :D Just make sure that if there are cords on the blinds, he can't get tangled in them. :thumbs up

Dog Dancer August 12th, 2014 02:03 PM

I'd leave the blinds open, but if his behaviour becomes too agitated or destructive I would close them - or block the bottom of the window with cardboard.

marko August 12th, 2014 02:51 PM

I agree with the logic here thus far and vote for blinds open.

sugarcatmom August 12th, 2014 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=normad;1067578]And Sammy seems to be showing hunting behavior And making weird noises while watching the birds. [/QUOTE]

Chittering! That's what I call it anyway. I think it's more commonly referred to as "chattering", but I like chittering better. The reason cats do this is not understood at all (kind of like so many other things they do!). Could just be an expression of excitement or anticipation at seeing potential prey.

I vote for blinds open as well.

lindapalm August 12th, 2014 07:37 PM

Definitely open. When the same toad comes over each day and parks in front of our full length door screen, three of my cats are sitting like statues on the other side just staring back. They love it.

Longblades August 12th, 2014 08:58 PM

LOL, try closing the blinds and see how long it takes Sammy to figure out how to get under them so he can see out. :) We do leave blinds down on hot days to keep the sun out. The cats just go under and if they don't fit on the ledge we'll often see just a backside sticking out. Or a big lump in the blind. :)

normad August 12th, 2014 11:38 PM

I guess I know the answer as everyone is saying open. I just wanted to be sure .
Thank you again from me and Sammy

normad August 14th, 2014 07:57 AM

Sammy is spending more time at the window watching the birds. And there seem to be more of them these days I wonder if they are teasing my cat.