Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello All! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21196)

papillonmama November 11th, 2005 03:10 PM

Hello All!

Hi,
I just joined 3 days ago and am enjoying reading about all of he interesting topics. I live in the downtown Toronto area and was lucky enough to stumble across this forum on one of my dog related internet searches.
I have 2 cats Biff and Slim Dusty - 9 months, a fish named Wiggle - at least a year, 2 budgies BuddyG and Blue - 2 years (should have been called Loud and Louder), a papillon Dory - 1 yr. 3 months, my husbands pit bull Trigger - 3 in Jan., 2 nine year old girls and twin boy and girl - 20 months.
It's nice to know other people have the same questions, and to find so many people interested in and talking about the breed ban in Ontario.
Talk to you soon.:)

chico2 November 11th, 2005 05:24 PM

WoW,you certainly have a BIG family,must be a really fun household.
If you've been here a while,you know we love pics,if you have not already posted some,please do...WELCOME!!

babyrocky1 November 11th, 2005 06:05 PM

Hi Pappilonmama, nice to have you aboard! Yes we do love to see pics. Its also nice to have more people on the board from To.:pawprint: Did I miss something, I just read your post and saw that hubby has a pit bull, so why are you pappilonmommy??? Anyways welcome again, after you have hung around us a while, you might feel comfy enough to join the pittie co-op...hope so! Never mind...duh...welcome Dory LOL!!!! I relly need new glasses LOL

papillonmama November 11th, 2005 06:22 PM

Trigs is Daddy's little baby and Dory the papillon is actually one of our daughters', but out of all our babies, she's the one I've had to put the [I]most[/I]effort on. Boy, papillons can be stubborn.
Believe me, I love all our babies, Trigs and I still have a special bond, when he was a puppy and sick with parvo I would sing to him and spoon feed him, it's my fault he's a 60 pound lap dog now, but hey, he's too cute to deny. Ever since he got a little older he prefers the guys company to mine, he hates hearing about what a sweet baby he is... He still secretely comes to me when Dad is at work though.
Thanks for the welcome, and I will check out the pit bull co-op, hubby will love that.
I hate that Trigs has to wear a muzzle it breaks his sweet heart, poor guy.

babyrocky1 November 11th, 2005 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=that.
I hate that Trigs has to wear a muzzle it breaks his sweet heart, poor guy.[/QUOTE] Iknow, Rocky has a cut on his nose now from trying to scratch off the muzzle, everytime I put it on, which is three times a day it starts too bleed again. Yeterday he had his first pittie co-op date with another dog wearing a muzzle, I think it made them feel better about it, but maybe it just made me feel better about it. Rocky has made friends with some pappilons lately, there are two in our neighbourhood. Very cute! I have been thinking of getting another dog or fostering one and it would have to be a small breed so maybe a pappilon might be somebody we should consider:) Im wiating to see how much this ban will affect our lives and if its fair to bring anothe dog into the picture.