Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lost cat in Maple Ridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72202)

giuliana August 26th, 2010 08:13 AM

lost cat in Maple Ridge

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.
Pascal, our black and beige medium hair tabby sneaked out at 7,30 pm on August 17 and hasn't been seen since.
He is very sociable and he's not afraid of humans, only dogs. He is about 7 years old and has a green tattoo inside one of his ears. I have been beside myself with grief and I can't even think straight. If I remember correctly inside his right ears there is a 4 or a T, in green.
There is a $200 reward to anyone who will bring him back safely to us.Our number is 604-760-3521
Either Artur or Giuliana.

Thanks a million!

shirley1011 August 26th, 2010 10:25 AM

What a beautiful boy! Sending good vibes for his safe return.

Dog Dancer August 26th, 2010 03:18 PM

I hope you get your boy home soon, safe and sound. Please make sure you poke around in these threads, there are some excellent ideas for finding your cat here.

chico2 August 26th, 2010 03:56 PM

giuliana,of course you are heartbroken,I would be too.
However,if he is a friendly cat,easily approachable,it very possible someone in your neighborhood has him,he is a very beautiful kitty.
I would print out many posters and put them in all the mailboxes in your area,maybe a reward would make whoever has him come forward.

+of course the regular,put his litterbox outside,search for him at night a treat-bag in hand,put a carrier outside with something familiar to him,like a piece of clothing from you...and visit Shelters in you area,a phonecall is often not enough.
Good Luck:pray:

giuliana August 31st, 2010 07:12 PM

thanks to all

So far nothing yet.
We have posters all over the place and a reward as well. We're loosing hope because he was last seen at night heading toward open fields where coyotes are often heard.

With this weather I don't know where to look anymore.
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate the warm and kind support. We've done all we could. I just wish I knew what had happened.

Thanks again

shirley1011 August 31st, 2010 07:18 PM

If he was seen just last night don't give up hope...cats can climb and keep out of the way of coyotes.
Just don't give up.....keep looking late at night and early morning
Others here have more suggestions for baiting and trapping...just don't give up...cats come home weeks and months later.

cpietra16 August 31st, 2010 07:38 PM

If this cat is an indoor cat he may be close to home, they don;t venture too far out when they don;t know the area. They will smell danger way before we can. IS your cat usually outside? Cats are territorial so please don't give up, he may be closer than you think. Go out at dusk or dawn when its quiet and call for him, rattle a bag of food...metal spoon in a can usually did the trick for my cats.
Good luck

giuliana September 1st, 2010 11:56 AM

He's been gone since August 17th. The field where he's believed to have ventured have no trees, but a couple of barns. We have left fliers in their mailboxes and have been walking along the perimeter of the properties. I would like to go ask the farmers to take a look around but by the time we come home it's too late.

He's an outdoor cat during the day, but by 7 pm in summer and 4 pm in winter he's usually inside tucked in for the night.

Thanks