Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet product reviews - dog products (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Zoom Groom! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60442)

scathach February 2nd, 2009 08:38 AM

Zoom Groom!

I've heard about Zoom groom on a bullies forum i visit once in a while, and i went out to find one for Georges. Man, that thing really works well on my lil EB. :thumbs up You should have seen that mount of fur we got off him! :eek: and a lil plus, he really liked it!

[url]http://www.dogbuffs.com/zoom-groom[/url]

growler~GateKeeper February 2nd, 2009 11:56 PM

I've got a Zoom Groom for Cats :D My grrl loves the massage it gives, asks for it at least twice daily :D

hazelrunpack February 3rd, 2009 12:04 AM

I was almost sold till I saw the part about it working best on long-haired dogs if they're wet! :o Then I pictured the Pack wet... :eek: :laughing: Setters hate water! :p

I'm glad that Georges and Duffy like theirs, though! I'm a little tempted to get one for me...a little massage with my morning grooming! :thumbs up I think I could get used to that! :D

scathach February 3rd, 2009 07:45 AM

Zoom Groom works well on short hair Hazelrunpack :thumbs up English bulldog aren't the breed with the longess hair :laughing:

allymack February 3rd, 2009 02:05 PM

i have the cat one, the amount of hair it takes of nero is unreal, i think if i used it everyday he would be hairless :laughing:

i didnt think it worked that well on enzo, maybe try it when he is wet?

Etown_Chick February 26th, 2009 09:06 PM

It looks cool and it's so CHEAP! If it doesn't work, you haven't lost much.

luckypenny February 26th, 2009 10:07 PM

I was thinking, "that sounds interesting" until I saw the link. It looked familiar until I remembered seeing it at the bottom of one of the toy boxes :rolleyes:. Good place for it LP :clown:. I'm going to have to dig it out, I can't remember if we even tried it :o.

Scuba March 1st, 2009 12:06 AM

Love it, bought both the dog and cat one. Only tried out the dog one so far though. Seems the brushed loose hairs just come off and don't stick to the brush, is that everyone else experiences? Just makes cleaning up a little messier, but luckily for me they aren't my own dogs!:thumbs up

The doggies also seem to like chewing on it too.:laughing:

Going to have to try the kitty one on Chester and Jerry. Will write an in depth report after.

growler~GateKeeper March 1st, 2009 01:01 AM

Scuba I've found with Duffy most of her fur will stick in the brush, but some does land on my carpet and I've found the brush is great for removing fur out of "low pile high traffic" carpet better than clogging the vaccum :thumbs up

Scuba March 5th, 2009 12:39 AM

So far so good with limited use. Only thing I noticed was that the fur/hair does not stick to the brush well and kinds of make a mess to clean up with the bits drifting here and there. But its nothing major that a broom or good vacuum can't take care of.

Will do a long term review when they have both been used more.

cell March 31st, 2009 08:12 AM

When I get a dog I want a zoom groom, It works awesome and I bet it feels great, they should make them for massages! haha The hair does tend to not stick on the brush but its best to use outside or in a no carpeted room and then sweep/vacuum after. They are also washable but probably don't hold up well to chewing.

ancientgirl April 9th, 2009 08:25 AM

I've got one of these. Oksana loooooooooves it. She's really the only one who will sit still to be brushed, and I think she really likes the massaging affect.

Winston April 10th, 2009 07:43 AM

Scuba your right it is a bit messy but I do it outdoors and spread it all over the grass. It keeps critters out of the yard! :thumbs up it does work!

Winston really likes the massaging of it and it takes out an incredible amount of hair! I have to say its one of the best things I have ever bought for him! I tried it on the cats but they were more interested in smelling it than anything??

Gotta so thumbs up for this product!