Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   the real dog bite story (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9282)

lezzpezz November 9th, 2004 08:26 PM

the real dog bite story

Just found this wonderful site and a great letter that was sent to Mr. B. This person seems to have done his homework.

[url]http://www.dogwatch.net/myths/dog_bites.html[/url]

mastifflover November 10th, 2004 10:19 AM

What a great letter and got a few respectful digs in at the same time. What he is saying is so true that Pomerainian mix attacked and killed a baby.I have read some of these cases. This is going to cost the government huge amounts of money in legal fees because there are people who have the money and will challenge this all the way to the supreme court. It is obviously a very high profile cause Since Clayton Ruby is now involved on the side of dog owners and besides being a great lawyer he thrives on the media spotlight and that is what this issue needs. I think you might start to see this fading out of the spotlight along with MB when they start to realize that it is not going to just slip into the law books with no fight. They are going to have to make major changes just so that it will stand up in court. I am not a lawyer and can see big loop holes so imagine someone with a legal mind going over it they will probably be laughing on the way into court. It tramples on constitutional rights and animal rights.

Sheriffmom November 10th, 2004 12:53 PM

Can this letter be sent to Pulse 24? and other media outlets? Kormos and those MPPs who are against the ban? I will gladly send it out to them, I just need to know if "open letter" means it can be forwarded without the authors consent. Should I email Dog watch first and ask their permission?
BTW it was a great letter. I think that it is exactly what some ppl on this board have been suggesting. Clear, concise, factual and non-emotional! Way to go!!!

Schwinn November 10th, 2004 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriffmom]Can this letter be sent to Pulse 24? and other media outlets? Kormos and those MPPs who are against the ban? I will gladly send it out to them, I just need to know if "open letter" means it can be forwarded without the authors consent. Should I email Dog watch first and ask their permission?
QUOTE]

I think if you wanted to send it as a link, that would fine. It is the internet, which is a public forum.

lezzpezz November 10th, 2004 03:14 PM

the real dog bite story

I checked into the legalities of sending the dogwatch actual letter to other sources for posting/publication etc and it would be considered copyright infringement, unless you obtained the authors' permission, and, as the webmaster stated, it would be considered bad "netiquette". You can, however, send the link and allow others to read the letter on their own. It was very wise for you, Sherriffmom, to think of this BEFORE you decided to send the letter. So glad you chose to just send the link. It is something we should all be aware of as we enter into fighting BSL. Be careful of what you say and send so we don't get into unneccessary trouble!

Dukieboy November 10th, 2004 03:18 PM

what about posting stuff from Hansard? Is that infringement?

Schwinn November 10th, 2004 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=Dukieboy]what about posting stuff from Hansard? Is that infringement?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I believe those are documents that fall under public domain, since they are records of public proceedings.

lezzpezz November 10th, 2004 03:36 PM

the real dog bite story

here's the poop from dogwatch, however, I have rearranged the wording so as not to infringe on anything!

No posts on "the site" may be forwarded to any other lists or other persons not on "the site" without the author's permission. You can forward info (i.e., website urls, etc.) but not word-for-word posts. It would be considered copyright infringement, and bad manners.

Hope this clarifies what is allowed from this particular organization.