Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Bye bye 27 year old fridge and stove! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74652)

14+kitties January 11th, 2011 09:57 PM

Bye bye 27 year old fridge and stove!

3 Attachment(s)
Finally!! A brand new fridge and stove and a new floor to go along with them. Since Sat I have been ripping apart my "old" kitchen and putting down the new floor. The fridge and stove were being delivered today as I left to go to work. I LOVE THEM!! I may actually start to cook again. :D
The first pic the kitties were going after a mouse. :yuck:

[ATTACH]71493[/ATTACH]

New floor. Lots of work but I like it so much better.

[ATTACH]71494[/ATTACH]

Yay!!! :cloud9:
[ATTACH]71495[/ATTACH]

I'll add a couple more once the whole kitchen is back together. :thumbs up

sassylemon January 11th, 2011 10:04 PM

very nice! That stove looks like the one I have an it works awesome!

As for the mouse :yuck:

Dee-O-Gee January 11th, 2011 11:03 PM

Geez Louise! It's amazing how happy appliances make us feel! :crazy:

Nice looking set 14+ and I'll take some more pics when the kitchens back in order, [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]minus the mice [/COLOR][/SIZE]:D

14+kitties January 11th, 2011 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;976176]Geez Louise! It's amazing how happy appliances make us feel! :crazy:

Nice looking set 14+ and I'll take some more pics when the kitchens back in order, [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]minus the mice [/COLOR][/SIZE]:D[/QUOTE]

I vanquished the mice. :D Gently.

rainbow January 11th, 2011 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;976179]I vanquished the mice. :D Gently.[/QUOTE]

OH NO :eek: .....don't tell Chris. :D

Nice new appliances and new floor as well. :lovestruck: We used to have your old flooring where we used to live and I'd even be settled with that over what we have now. :rolleyes:

krdahmer January 12th, 2011 04:10 AM

Nice job mf! :thumbs up Looks great! Love the new fridge! (I so want one of those freezer on the bottom ones!)

Love4himies January 12th, 2011 07:56 AM

Oh lucky you!!!! What a great feeling to have brand new around :lovestruck:. Soooo are you like DH and I who sit in a room after we have done some work and admire it :laughing:?

I thought at first it was one of those toy mousies that have real fur that has been hiding under your fridge or stove for a few years, but I guess you are talking one that actually moves on it's own :yuck:. Good kitties for doing their mouse patrol :cloud9:

Rgeurts January 12th, 2011 10:36 AM

Very nice!! The floor looks great, 14+ :D
Very nice looking stove and fridge too!!

mona_b January 12th, 2011 11:30 AM

WOW. GREAT job on the floor. And I love the fridge and stove.:thumbs up

Hmmmmm has the mouse been living behind the appliences for 27 years? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

BenMax January 12th, 2011 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=mona_b;976236]Hmmmmm has the mouse been living behind the appliences for 27 years? :laughing::laughing::laughing:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's not the mouse from the Green Mile...or else poor 14+K is going to be rescuing kitties for centries to come!:laughing:

14+K - Nice job! Isn't renovating fun?:yuck::)

14+kitties January 12th, 2011 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;976185]OH NO :eek: .....don't tell Chris. :D

[COLOR="Red"]I didn't kill them. Just blocked up the spot they were coming in. Hopefully that did it. :fingerscr[/COLOR]

Nice new appliances and new floor as well. :lovestruck: We used to have your old flooring where we used to live and I'd even be settled with that over what we have now. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It was ok but this house is so old and shifts so much the tiles started popping like crazy. Hope this stuff is better. :fingerscr

[QUOTE=krdahmer;976205]Nice job mf! :thumbs up Looks great! Love the new fridge! (I so want one of those freezer on the bottom ones!)[/QUOTE]

I love the freezer on bottom. No more bending over to find something in the fridge. :thumbs up

[QUOTE=Love4himies;976210]Oh lucky you!!!! What a great feeling to have brand new around :lovestruck:. Soooo are you like DH and I who sit in a room after we have done some work and admire it :laughing:?[/QUOTE]

Yep. :D

14+kitties January 12th, 2011 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;976210] I thought at first it was one of those toy mousies that have real fur that has been hiding under your fridge or stove for a few years, but I guess you are talking one that actually moves on it's own :yuck:. Good kitties for doing their mouse patrol :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=mona_b;976236]WOW. GREAT job on the floor. And I love the fridge and stove.:thumbs up

Hmmmmm has the mouse been living behind the appliences for 27 years? :laughing::laughing::laughing:[/QUOTE]

The mouse was a live one. But it was at the opposite end of the kitchen from the fridge and stove. I was actually pretty good at moving the appliances out once a month to clean behind/under them. Even so I think I picked up about 15 toy mice and 7 or 8 springs.

[QUOTE=BenMax;976256]Hopefully it's not the mouse from the Green Mile...or else poor 14+K is going to be rescuing kitties for centries to come!:laughing:

[COLOR="Red"]I wouldn't mind. [/COLOR]:D

14+K - Nice job! Isn't renovating fun?:yuck::)[/QUOTE]

I had actually gutted the kitchen to the studs when I moved down here. Now of course I am a few years older :rolleyes: and have found that being on my knees for two days doing this floor was not so much fun. The kitchen is a bit bigger than 11 x 24 so it wasn't a small job.
Bathroom's next! Hubby is doing most of that job though. I am going to sit back and enjoy. (not)

Tundra_Queen January 12th, 2011 01:12 PM

14+ nice looking kitchen!!

As for that mouse,,,it's not the sharpest pencil in the box is it? Wanders into a house full of kitties? :eek:

Chris21711 January 13th, 2011 12:43 PM

Looking good 14k :thumbs up.....I much prefer the floor :thumbs up

14+kitties January 13th, 2011 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks TQ and Chris! I actually love my kitchen now. For an old house it came out not too bad. :o Still have some stuff to put in the hutch. Like all of the top. :rolleyes: But it's getting there. :thumbs up I took the pics sitting on the window seat at the other end of the kitchen so am probably missing about 6 or 7 feet.
[ATTACH]71521[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]71522[/ATTACH]

Dog Dancer January 13th, 2011 04:21 PM

14+ the kitchen looks wonderful. You did a great job on the tile floor. Are you concerned that these tiles may crack or the grout may crack if the house shifts at all? It looks beautiful. Um, I'm glad the mouse got out safely and you've plugged the hole. I've not had mouse issues since we found our entry hole last year now, so hopefully it stays that way. I don't have kitties to show me where they are and the dogs don't care at all.:D Meant to say that Sammy looks like she seems a mouse under the hutch!

14+kitties January 13th, 2011 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;976595]14+ the kitchen looks wonderful. You did a great job on the tile floor. Are you concerned that these tiles may crack or the grout may crack if the house shifts at all? It looks beautiful. Um, I'm glad the mouse got out safely and you've plugged the hole. I've not had mouse issues since we found our entry hole last year now, so hopefully it stays that way. I don't have kitties to show me where they are and the dogs don't care at all.:D Meant to say that Sammy looks like she seems a mouse under the hutch![/QUOTE]

DD - the flooring is not ceramic tiles. It is actually strips of a heavy vinyl tile called Allure tiling. Aslan had mentioned it in another thread when I said I was looking for a flooring that would last. I talked to my hubby about it and he laughed because he had it up on his computer and had been reading about it. In this house I could never use ceramic. I wish. Maybe if I ever get that new house on the hill. :fingerscr This floor is guaranteed for 25 years. :thumbs up It was not the easiest to get down seeing as the seams have to be so precise but it came out not too bad. It is a floating floor that is glued to each other piece.

Sammy walks that way a lot lately. I think it has something to do with her sore hips. :(

Dog Dancer January 13th, 2011 05:24 PM

Well it sure looks like ceramic in the pics! Nice stuff. Poor sweet Sammy :lovestruck: We loves us our oldies don't we.

aslan January 13th, 2011 05:44 PM

Nice job 14+,,funny that is the color i was thinking when i mentioned the flooring. I found it really easy to put down,,,hmmm next time take me up on my offer. oh and you could put tile down but the underpad you'd have to use costs a fortune..

14+kitties January 13th, 2011 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;976620]Nice job 14+,,funny that is the color i was thinking when i mentioned the flooring. I found it really easy to put down,,,hmmm next time take me up on my offer. oh and you could put tile down but the underpad you'd have to use costs a fortune..[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Thanks aslan. Would have been tons easier also if the room was actually square. Lots of cutting. But probably the worse was being on my knees for that long. You know the room is a good size. And I am too danged stubborn to let someone else come in and do work I am capable of doing. However, if that "barn raising" thing goes over in the summer I will gladly accept your help. Oh no. You will be in another province by then, won't you?

aslan January 13th, 2011 06:22 PM

next time don't be so friggen stubborn and if hubby needs help with the bathroom let me know,,,yeah if all goes well we'll be gone by mid-spring mf. i'll be raising my own barn.

14+kitties January 13th, 2011 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;976630]next time don't be so friggen stubborn and if hubby needs help with the bathroom let me know,,,yeah if all goes well we'll be gone by mid-spring mf. i'll be raising my own barn.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, you ain't seen stubborn till you deal with him!! :laughing: When he is working on something I steer very very clear of him.

Winston January 13th, 2011 08:04 PM

Nice job 14+ :thumbs up Love the color! and the new appliances are very nice!