Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dooms Day for 2 cats tomorrow (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55701)

poodletalk August 21st, 2008 01:54 PM

Dooms Day for 2 cats tomorrow

2 Attachment(s)
Would anyone like to adopt two cats? Both cats are declawed, friendly and sterilized. If I don't find a home for them tomorrow, they will be sent to the cat heaven in the sky.

The female is 5 years old and the male is 2 years old. If you would like more info, please contact me.

babymomma August 21st, 2008 01:57 PM

If only I lived closer, I would adopt them in a second! No chance of getting them sent to NFLD huh? :(

the gang August 21st, 2008 06:26 PM

have you checked with the rescues and everbody else,? why would you put them down,? call some vets too maby a kind one will take them where do you live, ?brenda.

rainbow August 21st, 2008 06:36 PM

They are both gorgeous. :lovestruck:

Someone must be willing to foster them until a forever home can be found. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow August 21st, 2008 07:30 PM

Bump.......URGENT !!!

poodletalk August 21st, 2008 07:57 PM

[QUOTE]have you checked with the rescues and everbody else,? why would you put them down,? call some vets too maby a kind one will take them where do you live, ?brenda. [/QUOTE]

Brenda, I'm part of a rescue, I'm trying to save these cats lives. All the MTL rescues are overflowing with cats. The lady has called all the rescues, she has asked all her friends. I'm trying to find a home for them asap. If you know anyone who's looking to adopt cats, please let me know. This is very urgent.

14+kitties August 21st, 2008 09:25 PM

:pray:Darn! I hate this! I can't take them. I am too far. And I am pretty full too. There must be someone that knows someone..... :pray:

Frenchy August 21st, 2008 09:32 PM

:sad: Any news Poodletalk ? :fingerscr

poodletalk August 21st, 2008 10:07 PM

No news...someone from another rescue is going to call her and give her some options and tips. They are full as well, so they can't take the cats.

We are hoping and praying the women won't euthanise them tomorrow :fingerscr:pray:

rainbow August 22nd, 2008 03:06 AM

Bumping up again......can anyone help save these cats? :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

the gang August 22nd, 2008 08:06 AM

have you tried gerdys???? and i know hudson vet takes cats, good luck hope things work out brenda.

cpietra16 August 22nd, 2008 09:24 AM

this is when I wish I had a bigger house...I hope for the best:pray:they are beautiful

mollywog August 22nd, 2008 11:26 AM

this is so sad- why does the owner want to "dispose" of them???:frustrated:

rainbow August 22nd, 2008 03:27 PM

Bumping up again.....this was on page two. :eek:

[B]Poodletalk,[/B] do you have an update? .....I hope someone can help these poor kitties. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

poodletalk August 22nd, 2008 07:05 PM

No news! The lady never called back the other person in rescue.

rainbow August 23rd, 2008 03:33 AM

I hope they weren't put down. :pray: :fingerscr

14+kitties August 23rd, 2008 06:43 AM

Me too. I haven't been able to check back to this thread. It is just too sad knowing I can't help. I just have too many now. I don't know where I would hide more. :sad: I :pray: she changed her mind and is not euthanizing.

chico2 August 23rd, 2008 07:20 AM

Well,I am hoping no news is good news:pray:
With all the shelters overloaded with unfortunate cats,I can't help thinking,what is going to happen in the end,cats will have to be put down for sure:cry:

Soter August 23rd, 2008 08:31 AM

i wish i could too. this is awful!!!!

but, i live in the west of ireland, so no hope there:sad::sad::sad:

they are gorgeous though

i really hope they get taken in soon:yell:otherwise........

rainbow August 23rd, 2008 01:41 PM

[B]Poodletalk,[/B] please update us when you hear anything. I hope the kitties are safe. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

poodletalk August 24th, 2008 02:25 PM

The cats got saved at the last minute!! The lady brought them to the vet to get euthanised, the vet knew someone who would take them and she did! :):crazy::cat:

14+kitties August 24th, 2008 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;645779]The cats got saved at the last minute!! The lady brought them to the vet to get euthanised, the vet knew someone who would take them and she did! :):crazy::cat:[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I was terrified to open this thread! What fabulous news!!!! We needed to hear that today!
Thank you thank you thank you kind lady!!!!! Is she keeping them or fostering?
Ask the vet (if you know who he/she is) to give her a BIG GIANT :grouphug: from us!

rainbow August 24th, 2008 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;645779]The cats got saved at the last minute!! The lady brought them to the vet to get euthanised, the vet knew someone who would take them and she did! :):crazy::cat:[/QUOTE]

WOW.....talk about last minute. :eek: That's like in the movies where the guy is sitting in the chair waiting to get electrocuted and the phone rings with the life-saving call. :D

I am so happy to hear this news....thanks for updating. :thumbs up

And WOOO HOOO for the kitties :highfive: .....were they adopted or are they being fostered? :)

chico2 August 24th, 2008 03:45 PM

Thank's Poodletalk,that just made my day:grouphug:to you for your efforts:grouphug:
Hopefully they are in a home,where they'll stay:pray:

kathryn August 24th, 2008 09:06 PM

How come they were going to be put down???

you can just go to the vet and say "kill my cat i don't want it no more"???

I know if someone tried to pull that around here they would be slapped and probably have the cops called on them for being crazy :eek:

chico2 August 25th, 2008 07:16 AM

Kathryn,you can bring any animal to the vet and have them put down,healthy or not,young or old and people do,once they don't want their animal anymore:evil:,there is no law saying you cannot.
Pets are considered property and can be discarded just like so much garbage.
Often time a compassionate vet will give the animal a chance,but needs permission from the owner,and try to find a home for the doomed cat/dog.

Love4himies August 25th, 2008 07:19 AM

Thank goodness, those cats have been on my mind all weekend. :thumbs up

It's got to break vets hearts to put down animals that are healthy.

badger August 25th, 2008 09:03 AM

My vet sees healthy animals that people want put down all the time. There is definitely a vibe in the clinic when it happens, people put their heads down, they hate it. Their reason for not refusing is that people will only go elsewhere and they would lose their business.

14+kitties August 25th, 2008 09:25 AM

Until laws about animal cruelty and pet ownership get changed this will continue to happen. I wish people who abandoned their "loved" cats and dogs outside to their own devises got huge fines levied on them and the money collected could be used to help out the shelters/HS's. It won't happen but it should. :sad:

hazelrunpack August 25th, 2008 09:36 AM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]WooooHoooooo![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I][/FONT] :highfive:

I was afraid to check the thread again :o but I'm glad I did! That's awesome news, poodletalk! :grouphug:

bendyfoot August 25th, 2008 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=badger;646139]My vet sees healthy animals that people want put down all the time. There is definitely a vibe in the clinic when it happens, people put their heads down, they hate it. Their reason for not refusing is that people will only go elsewhere and they would lose their business.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sad. The clinic I worked for didn't WANT that kind of business and had no problem turning away people who wanted to euthanize healthy animals. As a receptionist there, I had quite a few really po-ed people screaming at me and threatening me because I told them "no". Tough patootie.

allymack August 25th, 2008 04:39 PM

woohoo!! that great to hear..i was afraid to open this thread..i was lurking but i had to suggestions to help..woo! thats just so relieveing, i had been thinking about them!

Ford Girl August 25th, 2008 04:41 PM

[B]Good news[/B]!!! Thanks for the update!!

kathryn August 25th, 2008 09:57 PM

Oh man I didn't even know you could do that.

I know atleast my vets office would NEVER do that. They'd probably tell you off if you even asked.

But thinking about it my old vets office would probably do it if you asked... it was bought out by some corporation who's main goal is money and not helping animals.

But yeah that's insane and I've never ever heard of it happening around here. Our shelters around here don't even really put down sick animals because they are sick or healthy animals because they are full.

Craziness!!!