Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lilly's adventures outside (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=87269)

growler~GateKeeper August 2nd, 2016 01:34 AM

Lilly's adventures outside

3 Attachment(s)
Since I'm in a 2nd floor apartment Lilly only is allowed outside supervised on harness, leash & double tie out for extra freedom & room to explore while visiting my mum. Here she is watching the birds, bugs & people of the neighbourhood:

[ATTACH]81120[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81121[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81122[/ATTACH]

growler~GateKeeper August 2nd, 2016 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Watching the crow who came for peanuts
[ATTACH]81123[/ATTACH]

marko August 2nd, 2016 04:00 AM

Fun shots Growler!! :highfive:

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2016 11:44 AM

Oh, gosh, she's beautiful, growler! :lovestruck: Blue is definitely her color, too!

How long did it take her to adjust to the harness? I'm just breaking JD in now--he's tolerating it but I'm scared he'll twist out of it or get his jaw caught in it trying to bite it off, so we're not quite to the 'out to watch the birds' stage. :D

growler~GateKeeper August 2nd, 2016 03:47 PM

I put the harness on her the day I picked her up she had no issues with it at all never tried to chew at it or scratch it off, walks great on it, learned right away that moving forward in the direction I want will lessen the slight pressure put on the harness.

Longblades August 2nd, 2016 06:06 PM

What a pretty girl.

Barkingdog August 2nd, 2016 06:30 PM

She is beautiful I love the colors of her fur. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2016 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1074550]I put the harness on her the day I picked her up she had no issues with it at all never tried to chew at it or scratch it off, walks great on it, learned right away that moving forward in the direction I want will lessen the slight pressure put on the harness.[/QUOTE]

If JD does 1/4th that well, I'll be tickled pink! Good girl, Lilly! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper August 3rd, 2016 01:40 AM

I've passed along the compliments to Miss Lilly, she thanks you all for your admiration ;) :D :cat:

Lynne&Co. August 5th, 2016 01:13 PM

Lily sure is a pretty kitty:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper August 5th, 2016 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Lynne.

Lilly was allowed out onto the balcony for the first time on Wednesday with her harness & tie out to prevent her from jumping on top of the railing or crawling under & jumping down a floor to the ground.

:cat: Where's the grass? :shrug:
[ATTACH]81125[/ATTACH]

Barkingdog August 5th, 2016 05:24 PM

Maybe you could grow some grass in a flower pot for Lilly .

growler~GateKeeper August 5th, 2016 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Funny you should mention that Barkingdog ......

[ATTACH]81126[/ATTACH]

:laughing: we got OatGrass sprouts today :D

Started with a small pot to see how well it would grow & what Lilly would think before expanding with a bigger pot.

hazelrunpack August 5th, 2016 08:22 PM

Ooooo...Lucky Lilly! Her own pot of grass! :cloud9:

So do all cats like to chew on grass? Is grass something I should consider for JD?

growler~GateKeeper August 5th, 2016 09:17 PM

I'm sure there are some cats who don't. Cats chew grass for the same reason dogs do - settles their stomach & helps bring up hairballs, feathers and other inedible things they get into. You could definitely see if he's interested :cat:

Reg August 5th, 2016 09:33 PM

hi there growler:

Enjoyed the last couple of weeks between your Miss Lily and her introduction to the outside and use of the leash and HRP's JD adopting her and her crew of dogs.

Your kitty is a very pretty cat and looks very affectionate. And JD looks like a very pleasant animal too.

Make anyone proud to have them as fur buddies.

Barkingdog August 5th, 2016 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1074589]Funny you should mention that Barkingdog ......

[ATTACH]81126[/ATTACH]

:laughing: we got OatGrass sprouts today :D

Started with a small pot to see how well it would grow & what Lilly would think before expanding with a bigger pot.[/QUOTE]

That is funny ! :laughing: You can buy grass for cats that all ready grown too. We have no grass right now b/c of the drought . :(

growler~GateKeeper August 5th, 2016 09:57 PM

The raw food store had the little pots of already grown grass too but the little bag of seeds was easier to bring home on the bus from 2 cities over along with a couple of toys & 2kg of frozen chicken necks :laughing:. There is a local store 1.5 blocks away from my apartment where I get her litter & I know they stock the grass too but I had to get raw food anyways & they don't carry the variety of meats & brands I feed.

growler~GateKeeper August 5th, 2016 10:00 PM

Thanks Reg & you're right she is an affectionate little girl :cloud9: and such a character :lovestruck:

Reg August 6th, 2016 12:00 AM

thought so, it's written all over her face. a real gem

Barkingdog August 6th, 2016 11:23 AM

growler, I didn't realize you traveled by but , yeah I can want you mean . You may had gotten some weird looks carrying a pot of 'grass' .
:laughing:

Longblades August 6th, 2016 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1074590]Ooooo...Lucky Lilly! Her own pot of grass! :cloud9:

So do all cats like to chew on grass? Is grass something I should consider for JD?[/QUOTE] I provide grass for our inside cats, if I don't they eat house plants. I wondered if I should have some for the outside two in winter but can't think of how to keep it from freezing and wilting from lack of sun. There is heat in the garage but it's low and not by the windows.

growler~GateKeeper August 6th, 2016 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1074599]You may had gotten some weird looks carrying a pot of 'grass' .
:laughing:[/QUOTE]

I'm in BC (where apparently some of the best comes from :shrug: :crazy: :laughing:) so maybe not :laugh: :D

growler~GateKeeper August 6th, 2016 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=Longblades;1074600]I provide grass for our inside cats, if I don't they eat house plants. I wondered if I should have some for the outside two in winter but can't think of how to keep it from freezing and wilting from lack of sun. There is heat in the garage but it's low and not by the windows.[/QUOTE]

Maybe keep it inside for the most part then put it out for a couple of hours :shrug: