Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   January 2013 - New/new things (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83166)

marko January 2nd, 2013 10:23 AM

January 2013 - New/new things

Hi Members!

Anyone have suggestions for the first photo challenge of the year?

How about pets keeping warm! :laughing: Holy catz it was cold out there this morning! :eek:

I can't share pics right now :( But how bout pets with their "New Toys"?

I like the idea of "new" or all about new things? Isnt that what the new year brings? So it could be a new toy? a new coat? a new hair cut? a new friend? a new addition? etc...

GREAT IDEA Winston......:thumbs up

I like it as well!

'New' is the theme this month - Merging suggestions now. thx!

marko January 2nd, 2013 10:25 AM

Hi members,

The photo theme this month is New or New things.

Ok then - who will post first?

marko January 3rd, 2013 10:05 AM

Baci in his new elf suit

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I'll start it off - here is baci in his new elf suit. He is also going for a 'new' round of sleep in this image. :D

Dog Dancer January 3rd, 2013 11:23 AM

Baci is lookin' fine in his elf suit! He worked too hard on Christmas night and needed his power nap.

hazelrunpack January 3rd, 2013 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a couple months old, but here's one from November of Cass reading the instructions on the packaging for her new birthday toy. Unfortunately, the packaging was upside down and it took her longer than normal to make it out. And while she was reading, Grace came and stole her new Kong ball. :laughing: Such birthday drama, eh? :p

[ATTACH]78815[/ATTACH]

marko January 3rd, 2013 12:08 PM

Lovely sense of story here HRP :)

angeldogs January 3rd, 2013 08:20 PM

Marko baci is stylish in his elf costume.

Hazel :laughing:you have the best stories.

thradia January 3rd, 2013 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At Christmas, we gathered all the new toys the cats received from everyone and I put them in a pile. Isis couldn't resist rolling and playing in them.

Here she is, feather stuck to her face, just in heaven. She played in that pile of toys all day and wouldn't let Khonsu in on the fun.

angeldogs January 3rd, 2013 09:37 PM

Isis mine all mine get your own toys leave mine alone.:laughing:

hazelrunpack January 3rd, 2013 09:43 PM

:laughing: Isis looks good in pink!! :cat:

Dog Dancer January 4th, 2013 11:26 AM

Hazel you're too funny! Cass does look like she's studying those instructions pretty hard.

Isis looks so happy playing with her "stuff"! I was considering Isis for one of our puppies but DH nixxed it. I love the name and the kitty is darn cute too!

marko January 6th, 2013 12:08 PM

Twiggy's new winter wear

1 Attachment(s)
Nice one Thradia!

Here's a shot of Twiggy in her new winter wear :laughing:

angeldogs January 6th, 2013 04:19 PM

Aw sweet Twiggy looks so darling in her winter wear:cloud9:

thradia January 6th, 2013 05:11 PM

Cutest.. hat... ever!
*steals Twiggy's hat*

marko January 7th, 2013 10:23 AM

Baci's new winter wear

1 Attachment(s)
LOL Thradia!

It wouldn't be fair to Baci just to post Twiggy's torture, so here's baci's winter wear photo :D

Dee-O-Gee January 9th, 2013 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovely pictures everyone and thank you Hazel for the great story. Had a great chuckle. :laughing:

Here is Gryphon & Mollie wishing that silly little reindeer toy would of flown out of the stocking.

[ATTACH]78852[/ATTACH]

vi-catahoulas January 17th, 2013 12:58 PM

This picture made my day..... thank you :laughing:
ILOVE your cat.

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78826&stc=1&d=1357572221[/url]

marko January 17th, 2013 01:13 PM

Thanks so much VI!
You can have him for 3 magic beans. :laughing:

angeldogs January 17th, 2013 09:58 PM

Marko..Baci has that i'm really not impressed with you look on his face.

traceymk37 January 17th, 2013 10:14 PM

Wow! Baci is gorgeous!!

traceymk37 January 17th, 2013 10:17 PM

Awww! So cute!

HappyJacks January 18th, 2013 02:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What a great thread, and great-looking pets all around. I'm game to share, and "new" theme, yes? OK, here goes:

First Photo, entitled: "[I][B]Arctic Jack[/B][/I]". This is my one-year old JRT, thus "[U][I]new[/I][/U]"-ly adult, enjoying "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" (fresh fall) snow, on what was her very first snow adventure (thus a "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" experience for her), in her "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" vest, which arrived just shortly after the "[I][U]New[/U][/I] Moon (does that one count?); all transpired on what turned out to be a beautiful winter day in what was a brand-spanking "[U][I]New[/I][/U]" Year, the ringing in of which she celebrated with an old Tabby Cat friend (these two like to play with each other and visit), and which is the same Tabby boy seen here in the second photo. That photo was taken some time back, namely, shortly after these two fist met--as in, "[U][I]new[/I][/U]"-ly met--and they become "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" friends rather quickly, as seen in the photo. (Who says cats and dogs can't get along? That's "[I][U]New-s[/U][/I]" to me, and why I thought to share).

Second Photo, entitled: "[B][I]Cats and Dogs[/I][/B]". This little guy I rescued as a wee baby kitten--a "[U][I]New[/I][/U]"-born, and part of a "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" litter I helped rescue, finding them all "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" homes with this lucky Tabby boy adopted by a family member (as a "[I][U]new[/U][/I]" friend to an older resident female cat), thus enjoying "[U][I]new[/I][/U]" beginnings in the lap of his "[U][I]new[/I][/U]" person; a very cool little guy, who's always up for a "[U][I]new[/I][/U]" adventure. Is it any wonder why he and my JRT got along?!

Now, I'm sure I could have gotten more "new-ness" in there, but as I am a "[U][I]new[/I][/U]" member here, thought I'd play it safe and let the pets do the talking instead! ;)

Thanks for sharing, everyone. Some really nice shots here, and great-looking pets all-around!

marko January 18th, 2013 02:56 PM

very cute happyjacks!
I like the post-processing here. Cool composition on that second shot!
Nice stories to accompany the images as well! :highfive:

HappyJacks January 18th, 2013 08:25 PM

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliment, Marko.

hazelrunpack January 19th, 2013 10:43 PM

Marko, have Baci and Twiggy wreaked their revenge, yet? :evil: :laughing: Too cute!! They look like wee kids dressed up and unable to move in their snowsuits! :p

Did Gryphon and Mollie ever get to partake of the reindeer, DOG?

Love that [I]"Cats and Dogs"[/I] shot, HappyJacks! They are so cute together! :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee January 21st, 2013 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1052429]Did Gryphon and Mollie ever get to partake of the reindeer, DOG?

[/QUOTE]

Oh...not until the next day when Santa officially arrived Hazel. The reindeer was just a figment of their imagination when the picture was taken. :D

It is by far, Mollie's favourite toy now! :lovestruck:

Rgeurts January 23rd, 2013 03:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures of Nookie and Montana at Christmas, with their new toys/treats! Sorry about the blur on Montanas face in the second one, not sure what happened there lol. They were patiently waiting for me to finish clicking so they could dig in! The third pic is Montana guarding all his (and a couple of Nookies!) toys :)

hazelrunpack January 23rd, 2013 08:32 PM

Too cute, Robyn!!! :lovestruck:

Baxter Megatron January 27th, 2013 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, this is Baxter we ar "New" to this site.:)

hazelrunpack January 27th, 2013 12:20 PM

Omd, I [I]love[/I] Baxter!! :flirt: Welcome to the board, Baxter Megatron! :D