Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   August 2008 challenge - Pets and the summer heat (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54990)

breeze July 31st, 2008 09:01 AM

OMG tomorrow is the first of August already time sure flys..

what is in store for the August challenge??

How about "Dog days of summer" theme, (kitties can be included of course)

Just so it's clear dog days of summer refers to HOT summer days.

So basically pets and the heat.. I'm down with that.

One more day to go...feel free to suggest new topics but the topic with the most support wins.

Thx
M

Works for me, with the heat we've had that pretty much is any picture taken in the last 2mths....

the only thing is that there has not much sun mostly rain.. and when we do get sun it is short lived....

lol, but you do have the woofstock pictures you can use too.

[QUOTE=aslan;632339]lol, but you do have the woofstock pictures you can use too.[/QUOTE]

nope....... there is no Bree in those ones..

it doesn't matter what ever you guys diside...

:sad: see i told you to bring her but nooooo.

I will get to see everyones sun day pictures..

Well, since it [I]is[/I] August, we could have the challenge be photographing your pet looking august (majestic). :D Should be pretty challenging cuz you know when you want them to be dignified, they refuse. And weather wouldn't matter.

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;632395]Well, since it [I]is[/I] August, we could have the challenge be photographing your pet looking august (majestic). Should be pretty challenging cuz you know when you want them to be dignified, they refuse. And weather wouldn't matter. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

What is the definition of majestic?I dont knwo what it means..

Can't we have a cute theme? Not just like take a picture and of course it will be cute anyways. But maybe get them to do something uber cuute. Or dress up or something!

bump bump bump....

I like the majestic theme. I think we should keep the sun pics for when it is cold and miserable outside

How about "friends"? It could be animal friends or human friends :shrug:.

Good idea TeriM this way if we choose animal friends will see more fuzzbuts!

I only have 1 animal. So how would that work for me?

You could take his pic with you

or

You could take a pic with a cute stuffie

or

You could take a pic with a playmate?

[QUOTE=TeriM;632672]You could take his pic with you

or

You could take a pic with a cute stuffie

or

You could take a pic with a playmate?[/QUOTE]

That could work..lol Never thought about thse options:o lol

I stioll dont know what majestic really means, can anybody enlighten me on this?

majestic would be= regal, royal looking, sophisticated.

I have to say that Chase is absolutely not capable of looking majestic.....his ears just don't allow it! :laughing:

I like the friends idea, now that I have two fuzzbutts who are best buddies! :thumbs up

Hey Babymomma! google the woed Majestic and click on google images! Some cool ideas on majestic and how it can be interpreted!

I like the Lion! :thumbs up

Cindy

[QUOTE=aslan;632677]majestic would be= regal, royal looking, sophisticated.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Winston;632694]Hey Babymomma! google the woed Majestic and click on google images! Some cool ideas on majestic and how it can be interpreted!

I like the Lion! :thumbs up

Cindy[/QUOTE]

Thank you both very much. I think Keely could REALLY pull off majestic!
I vote for majestic!!

LOL, how this for magestic:
:laughing:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Wicked%20Cats/Picture047.jpg[/IMG]

Somebody decide for sure :yell:

It doesn't seem like there's any clear winner soooooo...Pets and the Heat it is. It's just a wide open topic so hopefully we can expect lots of pics.

Merging posts and changing the thread title now....

I like the friends one a lot...maybe next month...let's keep it in mind.

idea for photo challenge
dogs and flags

eg. if your dog is a chinese breed it could have a photo of it beside a chinese flag of your dog could be at the beach with sandcastles with flags in them. i think the more ingenious the idea the better
the more exciting the idea the better and the way more [I]inventive[/I] [I][B]unusual[/B] [/I]and [I][B][U]never done before, so crazily brilliant idea ever[/U][/B][/I] it is the better:laughing:

lol

Soto - it's a good idea - feel free to suggest it next month - thx marko

marko August 1st, 2008 11:08 AM

Idea posts are merged, thread title edited and the challenge is on. It's such a wide open topic that hopefully we'll get loads of pics!

Who is going to post first?

Thanks all!

bendyfoot August 1st, 2008 11:59 AM

It's old, but it's one of my favourites...

Jaida beats the heat with a dip in her pool....

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1309/1041040036_658ffb707c.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1289/1041039962_a51cea5419.jpg[/IMG]

Frenchy August 1st, 2008 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=bendyfoot;633331]
Jaida beats the heat with a dip in her pool....

[/QUOTE]

ahhhh Jaida ! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2008 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grace taking it easy in the heat:

[ATTACH]39812[/ATTACH]

(Silly girl would be a lot more comfy on the shaded side of the deck! :laughing:)

:o

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2008 12:56 PM

I wish our guys would go in a pool like the lovely Jaida :cloud9:

aslan August 1st, 2008 01:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and how does a golden stay cool, fimmin of course
and what do you eat when its hot, WATERMELON!!!!!!

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2008 02:07 PM

:laughing: Love the watermelon refreshment shot! [SIZE="1"]:eek: But our dogs would [I]soooo[/I] have explosive diarrhea if they got at a watermelon! :o [/SIZE]

aslan August 1st, 2008 02:11 PM

lol, as you can see he was biting hunks of the skin off and spitting it out, he only eats the actual red melon. trying to teach him to spit any little seeds there might be.

ancientgirl August 1st, 2008 02:21 PM

I'm going to have to really think about what I can do to get mine here. They live in a 70 degree apartment. They get no heat :laughing:

FancyAppy August 1st, 2008 02:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sleepy goats in the summer heat. Notice how Nuggets face is melting into the picnic table. He also is practicing his goat yoga by sleeping with his back leg wedged behind his head...and Bob snuggled on his porch enjoying the breeze as he snoozes.

SolaMio August 1st, 2008 04:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here we have....
An older one of Sola just after we got her on a road trip. She sported some sunglasses to beat the heat :laughing:
My favorite pic of puppy Sola, same trip lying in the grass on a golf course.
Sola about two months ago doing her FAVORITE thing in the whole world. Sometimes she brings it NEAR you :rolleyes:

SolaMio August 1st, 2008 05:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And nowwww...
Sola's best friend Molly, a six year old GR, and her other buddy Prince Fredrik, a pomeranian/pekinese (yes they all get along famously), playing in the water at my friend's cottage
My cheesy rendition of Sola and Molly :)
Sola checking things out on a hike we took about a month ago (looooves her hikes with mom and dad :laughing:)

SolaMio August 1st, 2008 05:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last ones!!

Sola letting Molly do all the work :laughing:
Sola and Molly sharing :D
Sola, Molly and P-Fred action shot!

Ok done now.. For now.. Promise :crazy:

Chaser August 1st, 2008 05:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Great shots everyone! I have to admit I'm especially obsessed with Fancy Appy's goats....adorable!!! :cloud9:

I don't really have many summer heat pics for this year...will need to hurry up and get some! For now I'm going to capitalize on the opportunity to show off some "Baby Chase" pictures, since I wasn't a member when he was this tiny (he was around 9 or 10 weeks in these shots).

1. Relaxing in the summer sun.
2. & 3. Getting his first taste of fimmin'!

Chaser August 1st, 2008 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the "It's SOOOO hot in here Mummy" sleeping pose that prompted us to buy an air conditioner :)

SolaMio August 1st, 2008 05:38 PM

So cute, ChaseMom!! Hey do you think Chase and Sola looked alike as puppies??? :D

Chaser August 1st, 2008 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=SolaMio;633491]So cute, ChaseMom!! Hey do you think Chase and Sola looked alike as puppies???[/QUOTE]

Yes I completely agree - very similar! I just wish they stayed that way :D

Rottielover August 1st, 2008 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Harley destroying Frenchy's pool...oops sorry, and Roxy's first summer here

growler~GateKeeper August 2nd, 2008 12:27 AM

[B]Bendyfoot[/B] awww Jaida :lovestruck: she always looks so regal & happy :D

[B]SolaMio[/B] puppy pics :lovestruck: love the white on her chest :laughing: sunglasses & great water shots

[B]Chase_mom[/B] OMG! puppy pics :lovestruck: love his white toes & fimmin pics :cloud9:

[B]Aslan[/B] the watermelon is way too funny :laugh:

[B]Hazel[/B] silly Gracie :p she forgot about the shady spot

[B]FancyAppy[/B] Nuggets sleeping w/back leg behind his head :eek: hope he wasn't startled awake :laughing:

[B]Rottielover[/B] Harley sure looked like he was having fun :D

SolaMio August 2nd, 2008 07:23 AM

Thanks growler! It's easy to get water shots when you live on an island :D

aslan August 2nd, 2008 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just for you hazel, you can't tell my boys are spoiled eh....

rainbow August 2nd, 2008 02:41 PM

[B]Bendyfoot,[/B] beautiful Jaida keeping cool. :cloud9:

[B]Hazel,[/B] what a cute pic of Grace :lovestruck: ....she sure looks beat from the heat though. :D

[B]Aslan,[/B] does Quincy actually eat a whole watermelon? :eek:

[B]FancyAppy,[/B] love the sleepy goats. :cloud9:

[B]SolaMio,[/B] cute pics of Sola....love the on with the sunglasses. :cool:

[B]ChaseMom,[/B] awwww......cute puppy Chase. :lovestruck:

[B]Rottielover,[/B] LOL @ Harley the pool destroyer......I think he was trying to tell you he needs a bigger pool. :laughing:

[B]Aslan,[/B] spoiled is right.....you're even holding it for him. :D

Chaser August 2nd, 2008 10:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd add my favourite pictures of in-laws dog, Heidi, since I just realized they fit well in this challenge, and I love her like she's my own :lovestruck:

(Please disregard her fatness....we are forever trying to control that, but it is hard b/c she doesn't live with us :o)

chico2 August 3rd, 2008 07:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Since my boys,are not very fond of the pool,here's Bailey in our pool,not sure she liked it though:laughing:

ancientgirl August 3rd, 2008 10:56 AM

These are all such great pictures!

growler~GateKeeper August 3rd, 2008 05:40 PM

[B]Aslan[/B] :laughing: Quincy what a goof :lovestruck: did he just lick or chomp?

[B]Chase_mom[/B] love the 2nd pic of Heidi :lovestruck: looks like she's very proud of herself :D

[B]Chico[/B] Bailey doesn't look like she's putting up too much of a fuss :cloud9:

Frenchy August 3rd, 2008 05:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Rottielover;633535]Harley destroying Frenchy's pool..[/QUOTE]

And this is the only action the pool saw before Harley put it out of it's misery :D
Mine basicly thought it was a big water bowl :shrug:

clm August 3rd, 2008 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bentley cooling off in the pond.

Chris21711 August 3rd, 2008 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great pics, took a while to be able to see them all but I prevailed :thumbs up

Iggy again in the pond out back, he is the only one that goes swimming, the rest of the guys just paddle:[ATTACH]39977[/ATTACH]