Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   RIP Rookie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80041)

Marty11 January 27th, 2012 09:10 AM

RIP Rookie

1 Attachment(s)
I am so sad to tell you that Rookie passed away suddenly in the night. He was back to his old self after the vet apt last friday and with no warning died in his sleep in his chair. Rookie was 8 years old. :rip:

BenMax January 27th, 2012 09:28 AM

Oh no Marty. I am so very sorry.:(. I am at a complete loss of words.

Rookie...listen...you graced your family and they love you to bits. I guess you were called to help someone or something at the bridge and over. I am sure that you will do great at that as well. Remember that you are cherished by your family and us here as well. God's speed little one. We will remember you.:candle:

Marty - I wish you Peace and Strength. All I can really do is give you a :grouphug:.
So sorry...

Love4himies January 27th, 2012 09:32 AM

Oh no :eek:, I so so sorry :cry: :grouphug::grouphug:

marko January 27th, 2012 09:38 AM

Please accept my deepest condolences marty11, I'm so so sorry for your loss :sorry:
There's never a good reason to explain why these things happen and it's so painful. Remembering and reflecting on the better moments seems to help but the first weeks are devastating.

I wish you courage and strength over the coming weeks. :grouphug:

What a beautiful picture :( you posted.

:rip: sweet sweet Rookie. :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

hazelrunpack January 27th, 2012 10:25 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Rookie, Marty. :( He knew he was well-loved and he couldn't have been in better hands. I hope happy memories soon ease the pain in your heart. :grouphug:

:candle: Rookie

chico2 January 27th, 2012 01:54 PM

Marty,I am so very sorry,Rookie was a beautiful boy,it must have been a terrible shock finding he had passed:cry:

Love4himies January 27th, 2012 02:00 PM

Marty, Chris would like to pass on her deepest sympathies. :grouphug:

:rip: Rookie :candle:

Winston January 27th, 2012 02:09 PM

Marty11 I am so very sorry for this sudden loss. I wish I could just give you a big hug! Run free to the bridge sweet Rookie!

:rip::dog::pawprint::cloud9:

Dog Dancer January 27th, 2012 04:37 PM

Marty11 I'm so sorry to hear about Rookie. What a terrible shock that must have been, but at least it seems he went peacefully. RIP sweet boy, know that you were well and truly loved. Rookie will be your angel now Marty11.

14+kitties January 27th, 2012 07:20 PM

Aww Marty, I am so so sorry. Rookie had a wonderful life with you. I am sorry it was so short. I guess someone needed him more than you did.
:candle::rip: dear Rookie :candle: You will be very missed.
:grouphug: Marty. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

CsqU4r3d January 27th, 2012 10:36 PM

AWW....so sorry to read about Rookies passing....far too soon..:cry::candle::rip::grouphug:

Rgeurts January 28th, 2012 12:19 AM

Marty, I'm so sorry for the loss of Rookie. What a beautiful boy :cry: :(
That must have been a terrible shock for you :grouphug: :grouphug:

I read the post last week where he just froze up on you. Did the vet ever find anything wrong?

:rip: beautiful Rookie :candle: :pawprint:

Goldfields January 28th, 2012 07:57 AM

Such sad news, Marty11. :( Poor boy. It's terrible losing them suddenly at any age, always an awful shock, but at 8 .... He did go the way I've wanted all mine to go , and none have, quietly in his sleep, maybe that much was a blessing. R.I.P. Rookie.

growler~GateKeeper January 29th, 2012 12:39 AM

I'm so sorry Marty :grouphug:
:rip: sweet :angel2: Rookie :candle: He is playing at the [URL="http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html"]Rainbow Bridge[/URL] with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Melinda January 29th, 2012 08:41 AM

I am so sorry Marty *hugs*

Marty11 January 30th, 2012 07:56 AM

Thank you for all your lovely messages! I haven't spoke to the vet yet, I'm sure she will call this week. I am suspicious of Rookie maybe having a stroke, getting better and then having another one? It's all I can go on right now. I do have peace that it was sudden in his sleep, it's very hard to watch a pet suffer. My Boston seems ok so far, she's always had Rookie in her life. I will be hanging out with the dog next door more often for playtime.

doggy lover January 30th, 2012 08:19 AM

My thoughts are with you sorry for your loss...:angel2:

Pipercats January 31st, 2012 04:52 PM

So sorry for your loss Marty. :rip: Rookie.

Bill and the herd.
Fozzy, Foster, Kia, Teddy, Maverick, Cabbit, Cleo and Abby