Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   February 2013 - Pets in Blankets (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83372)

marko February 1st, 2013 09:50 AM

February 2013 - Pets in Blankets

Hi members! - anyone have ideas for this month's challenge?

here's one idea - Pets in blankets

Feel free to support that idea or freely suggest another idea.

The idea with the most support by tomorrow becomes this month's theme.

thanks!

That would be a great one for us!! Montana has a blankie "fetish" lol. I can't have any throw blankets around unless I'm using them. If I get up and leave, even for a drink, he grabs it and runs :laughing:

Valentine's critters?

Both pets and blankets and the Valentine critters sound great. Although the Valentine critters is more in keeping with the month. I personally would lean more towards the blanket bit.

Something else you might consider down the road for monthly challenge is the unusual positions some animals will sleep in and/or places they sleep on or in. This could produce some interesting photos. Just a thought.

marko February 3rd, 2013 12:01 AM

Hi members - Seems Pets in Blankets has the most support so it becomes the theme of the month.

Ok then - who will post first?

sugarcatmom February 3rd, 2013 01:36 AM

This is Carrot. Technically, he's in a pillow case. But to him it's a blanket.

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Carrot2/Carrotpillowcase_zpsdb59071c.jpg[/IMG]

Rgeurts February 3rd, 2013 02:40 AM

SCM, that pic is just ADORABLE!!! Carrot looks very comfy in his lil "cave" :lovestruck: :cloud9: :laughing:

Rgeurts February 3rd, 2013 02:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of Montana with his blankies. The first one is a hand crocheted throw that Shaun's grandma made. Montana drug this around for months, until it started falling apart and we had to take it away :laughing:
The second is him and Nookie having a little snooze together with his new blankie :cloud9:

marko February 3rd, 2013 09:49 AM

wonderful start rgeurts and SCM! :highfive:

Barkingdog February 3rd, 2013 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=sugarcatmom;1053286]This is Carrot. Technically, he's in a pillow case. But to him it's a blanket.

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Carrot2/Carrotpillowcase_zpsdb59071c.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That is a real sweet photo of your cat ,he looks snug as a bug in a rug.

Barkingdog February 3rd, 2013 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1053294]Here's a couple of Montana with his blankies. The first one is a hand crocheted throw that Shaun's grandma made. Montana drug this around for months, until it started falling apart and we had to take it away :laughing:
The second is him and Nookie having a little snooze together with his new blankie :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Montana looks like he is modeling for a doggie centerfold in the first photo.

Jull February 4th, 2013 09:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh I love carrot! so adorable... and the pic of Montana and Nookie together is too sweet :lovestruck:

Yesterday we had pretty lazy sunday, which involved fresh out of the dryer blankets! :thumbs up

they both started on different set of laps, then slowly got closer :rolleyes:

[ATTACH]78984[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78985[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78986[/ATTACH]

:cloud9:

Jull February 4th, 2013 09:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Now... getting closer...

[ATTACH]78987[/ATTACH]

[I]... what you mean that is to close? I am sitting on what?? [/I] :dog:

[ATTACH]78988[/ATTACH]

[I]... ok... I'll wake him up with some kisses[/I]... :dog:

[ATTACH]78989[/ATTACH]

marko February 4th, 2013 09:40 AM

Nice ones Jull :highfive: so cuuuuute!

This will be an easy photo challenge for Carmy and me since our Sphxnes gravite toward blankets as though are crack-pipes. We just need to get a new blanket for the shoot and the current ones are getting a bit ratty due to excessive suckling and blanket-grooming. :D

Jull February 4th, 2013 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=marko;1053346]Nice ones Jull :highfive: so cuuuuute!

This will be an easy photo challenge for Carmy and me since our Sphxnes gravite toward blankets as though are crack-pipes. We just need to get a new blanket for the shoot and the current ones are getting a bit ratty due to excessive suckling and blanket-grooming. :D[/QUOTE]

I have been waiting anxiously to see some pics of your kitties! better get the new blanket soon :D

Rgeurts February 4th, 2013 11:40 AM

LoL Marko, our household can relate!! Blankies don't last 2 long in our house either :D

Jull, very cute photos!! They look so snuggly!! I just love cuddle babies :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Barkingdog, that centrefold comment made me giggle! Montana [B]is[/B] very photogenic, unlike our precious Nookie lol. It takes 10 pics to get 1 good one of Nookie. He's the king of funny faces :)

Jull February 4th, 2013 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1053354]
Jull, very cute photos!! They look so snuggly!! I just love cuddle babies :cloud9: :lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

:cloud9: they are very cuddly and they love blankets... this is the first time I have ever had a "lap dog" and I just love it! they are spoiled, but how could I not with those little faces and sad puppy eyes they give me when they want something. :angel:

Rgeurts February 4th, 2013 11:58 AM

LOL, very true... those faces would be hard to resist!!

I've never really had a "lap dog", but mine think they are. The only problem is that one weighs 97 lbs and the other 68 lbs! But that doesn't stop them from climbing on us for a good cuddle :laughing:

Barkingdog February 4th, 2013 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1053356]LOL, very true... those faces would be hard to resist!!

I've never really had a "lap dog", but mine think they are. The only problem is that one weighs 97 lbs and the other 68 lbs! But that doesn't stop them from climbing on us for a good cuddle :laughing:[/QUOTE]

My Standard Poodle thought he was a lap dog , all 55 lbs of him. Marty is more of a chest and face dog, he loves to fall asleep lying on my chest or with his face on my face.

Barkingdog February 4th, 2013 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Jull;1053343]Now... getting closer...

[ATTACH]78987[/ATTACH]

[I]... what you mean that is to close? I am sitting on what?? [/I] :dog:

[ATTACH]78988[/ATTACH]

[I]... ok... I'll wake him up with some kisses[/I]... :dog:

[ATTACH]78989[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I loves the photo of both dogs sleeping nose to nose. That is so cute!

Jull February 4th, 2013 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1053360]I loves the photo of both dogs sleeping nose to nose. That is so cute![/QUOTE]

Bestia was not sleeping anymore, he was actually kissing Guero to wake him up :lovestruck: I just couldn't get a pic where the tongue was out, its a little gross :laughing: he really stuck his tongue in there. He is a big kisser.

I cannot believe how far they've come though, from a month ago when I didn't know if Guero could stay. :highfive:

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1053360]Marty is more of a chest and face dog, he loves to fall asleep lying on my chest or with his face on my face.[/QUOTE]

Aw, that is soooo sweet, gotta love those fur-babies!

Barkingdog February 4th, 2013 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Jull;1053361]Bestia was not sleeping anymore, he was actually kissing Guero to wake him up :lovestruck: I just couldn't get a pic where the tongue was out, its a little gross :laughing: he really stuck his tongue in there. He is a big kisser.

I cannot believe how far they've come though, from a month ago when I didn't know if Guero could stay. :highfive:[/QUOTE]

They where french kissing! LOL!

Marty11 February 5th, 2013 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Marty in her blankie

Reg February 8th, 2013 03:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It would appear as if we will have to take some lessons from our companion animals on the art of relaxation. They are great photos.

Here are two of our crew, Missy and BB having some quality time on this quilt that had been left on the couch. The other three also make good use of it when it is left out and is accessible to them from time to time.

Barkingdog February 8th, 2013 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1053354]LoL Marko, our household can relate!! Blankies don't last 2 long in our house either :D

Jull, very cute photos!! They look so snuggly!! I just love cuddle babies :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Barkingdog, that centrefold comment made me giggle! Montana [B]is[/B] very photogenic, unlike our precious Nookie lol. It takes 10 pics to get 1 good one of Nookie. He's the king of funny faces :)[/QUOTE]

My sister send me a really nice TV blanket for a birthday's present , but Marty think the blanket is his as he like to fuff it up and take a nap on it all the time.

Barkingdog February 8th, 2013 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Reg;1053575]It would appear as if we will have to take some lessons from our companion animals on the art of relaxation. They are great photos.

Here are two of our crew, Missy and BB having some quality time on this quilt that had been left on the couch. The other three also make good use of it when it is left out and is accessible to them from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I agree , I wish I could fall asleep as fast my dog can , he out like a light.

Dee-O-Gee February 8th, 2013 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is only a 2'x3' blanket and poor Mollie has a fire place shovel shoved up well....somewhere. :o

But these 3 always find a way to snuggle with each other. :cloud9:

[ATTACH]79009[/ATTACH]

Barkingdog February 9th, 2013 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Dee-O-Gee;1053604]This is only a 2'x3' blanket and poor Mollie has a fire place shovel shoved up well....somewhere. :o

[ATTACH]79009[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I love it! That is so sweet.

Jull February 9th, 2013 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=Dee-O-Gee;1053604]This is only a 2'x3' blanket and poor Mollie has a fire place shovel shoved up well....somewhere. :o

[ATTACH]79009[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

:flirt: so sweet...

hazelrunpack February 9th, 2013 02:14 PM

These are all awesome pics! Everyone looks so cozy! :cloud9: Even Mollie and her fire place shovel... :o :laughing:

angeldogs February 9th, 2013 09:08 PM

Great pics everyone.:thumbs up

marko February 21st, 2013 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Twiggy in a new red striped blanket (that doesn't look new anymore :D )

Jim Hall February 21st, 2013 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ms du sleeping