Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   September challenge - Animals learning lessons (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43846)

breeze August 20th, 2007 08:48 PM

September challenge - Animals learning lessons

September is only 11 days away what are we going to do for September??

any ideas come to mind??

Cram August 20th, 2007 10:13 PM

I haven't been on the board long, so I'm not sure what's been done recently (and I'm too lazy to check!).

But what about something like smiles, teeth or tongues?

hazelrunpack August 20th, 2007 10:17 PM

All I can come up with is "back to school"...might be hard for people with lawless pets like hazel's! :D Obedience school drop outs! :laughing:

mummummum August 21st, 2007 02:57 AM

How About "Animals Learning a Lesson"? Any old lesson will do : "leaves are fun to dive into", " a ball of string can roll all over the house" , "if I sit on your head and flap my wings it tickles your ears"... :D

crazydays August 27th, 2007 11:46 AM

I love Mmmmms suggestion on Animals learning a Lesson! My vote is here!

marko August 29th, 2007 09:54 AM

I like the animals learning a lesson one too - if we do choose that one, perhaps if the lesson is not obvious we could just cheat and say what the lesson was....

or any other suggestions?

thx

marko

rainbow August 29th, 2007 11:51 AM

I also like MX3s suggestion. :thumbs up

mummummum August 29th, 2007 11:51 AM

Absolutely Marko ~ that was my intent. I think we'll end up with some hilarious "lessons learned" with everyone naming their own !

p.s. Hazel gets the "by-line" on this one ~ I just riffed on her idea :shrug:

Frenchy August 29th, 2007 12:05 PM

What about animals sporting cones ? :rolleyes: Just kidding :D

mummummum August 29th, 2007 12:21 PM

Animal sporting cone walking into the wall ~ Lesson Learned ? "Cones are :evil: "!!! :D

hazelrunpack August 29th, 2007 08:29 PM

Animal Sporting Cone Walking into the Back of Frenchy's Leg--Lesson Learned: Revenge is Sweet! :laughing:

Frenchy August 29th, 2007 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;471047]Animal Sporting Cone Walking into the Back of Frenchy's Leg--Lesson Learned: Revenge is Sweet! :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: only one more day :thumbs up

Goldyy August 31st, 2007 09:41 PM

I havent been here long so maybe its been done but what about playing games (catchin ball :dog: or playin with a stuffed mouse :cat: for ex)

Frenchy August 31st, 2007 09:54 PM

Yes , we should decide , it's tomorrow !!!

marko August 31st, 2007 10:19 PM

I prefer when members make the final decisions...it seems like animals learning lessons has some strong support...should we go with that?

Thx

Marko

JanM August 31st, 2007 10:34 PM

I vote for the lessons thread - sounds like it will be fun..

mummummum August 31st, 2007 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=marko;472079]I prefer when members make the final decisions...it seems like animals learning lessons has some strong support...should we go with that?

Thx

Marko[/QUOTE]

Yup ! Since it really is Hazel's idea I've given her a heads-up in the TJT to start us off tomorrow (well, technically today :rolleyes:)

breeze September 1st, 2007 12:39 AM

So it's offical then

"pets learning lessons" :cat: :dog: :pawprint:

Frenchy September 1st, 2007 12:05 PM

I don't really get it ... pets learning what exactly ? :confused:

CyberKitten September 1st, 2007 01:36 PM

If it lessons, keep in mind that most obedience schools are for dogs and not cats. Cats teach us, lol So let's be inclusive and take into consideration all the pets here. :)

Maybe it should be what my pet teaches us?

mummummum September 1st, 2007 01:54 PM

CK ~ hun ~ would you[I] please [/I]read the at least some of the posts in a thread [I]before[/I] you reply? The September Challenge is "Animals Learning Lessons". See the funny one "Lesson" posted by Hazel about Frenchy's Bailey as an example. This isn't about obedience school or even obedience and it is about pets not a specific type of animal ~ no one and no pet is excluded.

Frenchy September 1st, 2007 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=mummummum;472257]See the funny one "Lesson" posted by Hazel about Frenchy's Bailey as an example. [/QUOTE]

Oh so anything goes ? :D Here I go then , Paddington learning that a Great Dane wanting to "play" with him can be intimidating at first ....

Frenchy September 1st, 2007 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
But Monsieur le chat learned a long time ago , doggies are nice :D

CyberKitten September 1st, 2007 03:53 PM

My apologies!! You have to realize how little time I have to sneak away to read these!! (sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!) I have to do it in a hurry. Anyway, enuf whining. I get the point

And... it is JUST not my day! :sad: :sad:

Those pix do make it better though Frenchy!

chico2 September 1st, 2007 03:53 PM

Those are great Frenchy,I have 2 million pics of my cats,but I don't think I have anything suitable for this thread,the only lesson my cats have learned this summer is that bees are not suitable for snacks:laughing:

CyberKitten September 1st, 2007 03:55 PM

Oh no Chico, what happened?

chico2 September 1st, 2007 04:07 PM

CK,nothing bad,Vinnie got stung in the paw,but it's ok,no problems...Rocky and Chico already know to stay away from bees:cat:

hazelrunpack September 1st, 2007 04:42 PM

Cole taught himself this lesson (video)

Hmmm...I don't have any stills that come to mind that would fit. (Hey, I never said I had any pics! :laughing:)

However, I just posted this video in Grace's thread before seeing this one--and it actually applies. [SIZE="1"]Sorry, Frenchy...I know you won't be able to see it. :sad:[/SIZE]

Anyway, just to give the rest of you some background--I use hand and voice signals when training. One day, I was working with Cole, hand-signal only, and messed up the "roll over" signal. I did it vertically instead of horizontally (you'll understand when you see the video).

The Sheriff cocked his head to the side, and thought about it a few seconds. :lightbulb: :dog: "I'll invent my [I]own[/I] trick!" he barked. And Cole's "dance" was born! :D

He invented it all on his own and is very proud of it, so don't laugh at him. :o [SIZE="1"]That's hazel's job! :laughing: [/SIZE]

Without further ado, "Cole's trick": [URL="http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1059638"]http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1059638[/URL]

You'll notice that the two actions done by Cole are quite similar, but one is vertical and one is horizontal--just like the two hand signals! :D What a smart, logical boy that Sheriff is! (Handsome, too! :lovestruck:)

marko September 1st, 2007 05:33 PM

Nice start Frenchy and nice example! I love how WE are interpreting the lessons learned....but your seem obvious from your photos.

Mine to come shortly - have to think a bit first.

Thx

Marko

rainbow September 1st, 2007 06:10 PM

[B]Frenchy,[/B] very cute pics of kitty lessons. :thumbs up

[B]Hazel,[/B] awwww, [B]my[/B] boy Cole.....beauty and brains. :cloud9: