Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet product reviews - dog products (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Good Quality Collars (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48969)

Ford Girl January 29th, 2008 05:01 PM

Good Quality Collars

2 Attachment(s)
[B]Funny Farm Boutuques[/B]

The collar I bought last year, for a Christmas gift was a hit, it's a custom made FORD collar, martingale style, with very heavy duty stitching and hardware!! It looks good on her, and DH loves it. Plus $5 went to Sasha's Den Rescue. (attached pic)

She works with you to ensure you get what you want, and told me for any reason she will take it back and make me another, she even went to Ford and got the fabric!!

I just ordered another one, same collar style - martingale, not custom made but there are so many to choose from. This time $5 goes to a Canadian Golden Retriever Rescue on behalf of Dazy. So I just had to get Dazy another one! Attached is the fabric I chose, love it!!! Again she told me that if I didn't like it she would make me another.

I am attaching the link,not sure how that goes, my appologies if I am not suppose to: [url]http://www.funnyfarmboutique.ca/[/url]

These are hand made good quality collars that you won't find in the stores and you can't beat the customer service.

I rate the product and service: :pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint: out of 5.

pbpatti January 29th, 2008 07:13 PM

Pretty collar

Very pretty, the new one, I was looking at her collars awhile ago and thinking I would like to get one for sasha, how do you measure the neck so you get the right size? thanks for info. pbp

Chris21711 January 30th, 2008 10:53 AM

We got one for Iggy (HuskyX). They are really well made and I can't see them ever falling apart. The only downside to it was, I found that with the shipping they were pretty pricey, in the end it cost $37.99. It does look very handsome on him and they have beautiful fabrics.

SnowDancer January 30th, 2008 01:01 PM

I just sent an inquiry re the Lobster Claw for holding tags etc. My Eskie has 3harnesses and his Martingale and since we can have only 1 Toronto city licence is it a pain - also with his other ID. I did buy some "s" hooks but sizing wasn't right. Then I found a Plan B, but hooks were too small to go around his harness or his Martingale - Eskies are very cat-like - but they arn't cats wearing cats' collars. When he goes in the car he always has a harness on - and also when he goes to his weekly socialization at day care. When I walk him around house we use the Martingale for some control. I am afraid to leave the Martingale on him at daycare or in car because of his very thick neck fur - you can hardly see it - and when the other dogs are socializing his tail and butt I am afraid an accident could happen. Most of his boy/girlfriends are short-haired so you can easily see the collars. When looking at the site I could not see the met chain portion of the Martingale???? I asked about this as well. Next thing would be the size - was really hoping that the Gallery would show a 22 lb. Eskie. Price wise, even with shipping I paid more for his Canine Equipment Martingale 2 years ago - still standing up well, but nice to have a backup. I am always afraid the chain will snap. This happened twice when we used nylong collars on previous dogs - the links snapped.

Ford Girl January 30th, 2008 01:26 PM

[B]pbpatti[/B] - I just measures Dazy's collar and sent her those details, she chose the one that would be the same size...if you are woried about the size, place that in the comment section, she will get back to you.

[B]Chris2171[/B] - I don't think it's expensive...the martingale she wears every day was $25 but to find one that fit her properly, wasn't either pink or very boyish I had to go to 4 different places...the collars are $25 add another $5 for a thicker one 1.5" thick, shipping to me was $8...not driving around this huge city - priceless! ha!
[B]
SnowDancer[/B] - I too got the lobster claw with this order, so I can easily switch tags from one collar to another...she doesn't wear her nice ones to the dog park or day care...good idea for sure. And, the metal chain part of the martingale is actually an additional piece of collar/fabric instead of chain, but it pulls and tightens the same way, works well - and doesn't hang like the chain would, so safer for play time, lays flat like a regular collar, you can't tell it's a martingale. They do make small ones - did you see the pic of the dash with the harness/collar she made? My guess, she can make what ever you ask her to make.

SnowDancer January 30th, 2008 04:26 PM

Thanks, Ford Girl - I have sent off an inquiry! Definitely will be getting some Lobster hooks and a Martingale - just have to figure out pattern - of course you won't see it with the Eskie fur around his neck - but it won't be red. This dog looks too much like Santa as it is.

Ford Girl January 30th, 2008 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=SnowDancer;539427]Thanks, Ford Girl - I have sent off an inquiry! Definitely will be getting some Lobster hooks and a Martingale - just have to figure out pattern - of course you won't see it with the Eskie fur around his neck - but it won't be red. This dog looks too much like Santa as it is.[/QUOTE]

Ya, choosing was so hard, I love the valentine's ones...and the black velvet with pink stones...but I wasn't allowed another pink collar. :sad: :laughing:

SnowDancer January 31st, 2008 09:15 AM

Ford Girl - How I want a pink collar and pink harness for my very girly guy! Hey, "real" men wear pink and he does look stunning in it. Just unfortunate at almost age 4 not one single person has ever referred to him as a "he". A few months ago a man asked me from his truck if my beautiful girl had been spayed (He was squatting at the time) because he had a male Eskimo and thought they would have beautiful puppies together. Wonderful. I finally had to stand my guy up to show the man that he has "equipment". I did hear back from the company and will definitely be getting a few Lobster Hooks and also a Martingale - but pattern choice is sure limited for me since my Eskie has so much fur - many Eskie owners buy very expensive, designer collars only to put them on their pups and then can't see them - so I guess I am looking for colour. ANYTHING BUT RED! on my little Santa Look-A-Like. I know a couple of people that will probably order the Lobster Hooks after they see ours.

Chris21711 February 1st, 2008 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=Ford Girl;539359]

[B]Chris2171[/B] - I don't think it's expensive...the martingale she wears every day was $25 but to find one that fit her properly, wasn't either pink or very boyish I had to go to 4 different places...the collars are $25 add another $5 for a thicker one 1.5" thick, shipping to me was $8...not driving around this huge city - priceless! ha!
[B]

Ford Girl, our is a l.5" thick too, I guess I'm cheap. As far as running around, I get the daughter to do that on the way home from work and I just stay in the boonies :laughing:

pbpatti February 4th, 2008 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=Ford Girl;539359][B]pbpatti[/B] - I just measures Dazy's collar and sent her those details, she chose the one that would be the same size...if you are woried about the size, place that in the comment section, she will get back to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ford Girl, I am going to take a look at her prints tomorrow again and see if I can find one for Sasha that will show off her Very Pretty Chocolate Coat:D pbp

Ford Girl February 6th, 2008 02:38 PM

I got the collar today!!! I ordered it in the afternoon of Jan 29th, it arrived today. Looks awesome! Love it! I will post a picture of Dazy with it on asap!

This time I got a side bucket instead of martingale, looks very sturdy! :thumbs up