Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Puppy health (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Nanook-Paper towels = BAD (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71670)

Rgeurts July 25th, 2010 10:11 PM

Nanook-Paper towels = BAD

Little monster just eats everything, literally! He has had diarrhea (water and mucus)again since Monday, threw up Tuesday and was acting a little lethargic, but nothing too bad. The vet thought it was due to mushroom poisoning at first... until we took a stool sample (small little mucusy looking stool) in yesterday and they found white "cloth" like material in it. They said he may have a foreign body and to just keep an eye on him. This morning he went to the bathroom a couple of times and passed what looked like yellow/green stools each time. I picked em apart with a straw :yuck::eek: and they were little stool shaped wads of white cloth like stuff, but wasn't a strong material, so I assuming he ate a few paper towels (that is what they looked like):eek:
They had us starve the poor lil guy for 24 hours (on steroids! Poor baby lol), then feed him 1 tablespoon of Gastro every 2 hours for another 24 hours... do you know how hard it is to keep him from eating everything in sight?! His appetite is bad enough with steroids, then having to starve him, ugh :censored:
He still has diarrhea but we're hoping he passed it all. If not, it's back to the vet for x-rays again :frustrated:
We leave for holidays tomorrow morning, so hoping he's ok and we don't have to make an emergency vet visit somewhere along the way!

hazelrunpack July 25th, 2010 10:23 PM

Oh, no!!! :grouphug: Sigh...the pred is keeping his appetite ravenous...we had to watch Evan like a hawk when he was on steroids or he'd eat the bark off the trees and the carpet off the back deck! :eek:

We have one that doesn't need the pred, though--Brier ate a whole roll of toilet paper one day :rolleyes: We had to make him throw up with hydrogen peroxide. :yuck:

I hope Nanook has passed all the paper towel now and is on the mend! :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Is he still doing so well otherwise? I hope you guys have a great trip!! Dawg knows you deserve it after the past few weeks!!!

14+kitties July 25th, 2010 10:54 PM

Puppy proofing 101!
I hope he feels much better soon. Poor baby being on steroids and not being able to eat. :(

Rgeurts July 25th, 2010 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;939455]
We have one that doesn't need the pred, though--Brier ate a whole roll of toilet paper one day :rolleyes: We had to make him throw up with hydrogen peroxide. :yuck:

[B][I]Eeek! :eek:[/I][/B]

Is he still doing so well otherwise? I hope you guys have a great trip!! Dawg knows you deserve it after the past few weeks!!![/QUOTE]

[B][I]He's doing great, otherwise! Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks with no seizures :D:thumbs up[/I][/B]

[QUOTE=14+kitties;939475]Puppy proofing 101!
I hope he feels much better soon. Poor baby being on steroids and not being able to eat. :([/QUOTE]

[B][I]We thought we had! We've moved everything from the counters, closed the doors to all the rooms and keep him crated when we're away. I have no idea how he got them, or where he got them from. Only thing we can think of is daycare, or possibly in the car. There may have been some napkins in the side panel of the door. Guess I'm going to have to recheck all the cars and put "everything" away! :frustrated:[/I][/B]

We will be gone until next week. Until then, I hope everything goes well for all of you! :)

hazelrunpack July 26th, 2010 08:31 PM

Hope your holiday is going great and the boys are stayin' healthy and being [I]good!![/I] :goodvibes: