Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Charlie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13646)

Shaykeija April 1st, 2005 03:15 AM

Charlie

Charlie was a big black cat with grey on his tail and legs. ( Kind of looked like Charlie Chaplin) We had got him from the pound. Now Charlie was a cat with attitude. When he got mad at you he got even by pooping on something of yours. Usually my husbands stuff. Because he was declawed when we got him, we wouldn't allow him outside. We would let him into our attached garage thought. He kept us mouse free. We were moving 2 1/2 years ago and on our move date he got outside. We never found him and I used to go back there everyday for months. I really missed him. I left bags of food by our old house just in case. Everyone knew in the neighbourhood that he was missing. I assumed he got killed by a fox. Someone came to my work today and told me that they found Charlie in my old garage dead. Then they proceeded to tell me that he was missing a leg. I was so upset. I really loved that little bugger, attitude and all. I am going out there tomorrow to bring him to be buried with Shayker and Dallas. I am just beating myself up because I couldn't find him. :sad: Race to the bridge Charlie and be with Dallas , Shayker and Akeija.

Princesss04 April 1st, 2005 10:19 AM

So sorry to hear about your loose. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

BMDLuver April 1st, 2005 11:15 AM

oh dear

Poor Charlie! So sorry that you found out about him this way. I imagine though that it will now allow you some closure. My thoughts are with you as this will be a difficult day for you. :grouphug:

happycats April 1st, 2005 11:19 AM

I am so sorry for your loss and for poor Charlie. He is in a better place now, where he is probably chasing mice through catnip fields, and hanging out with his furbrothers and sisters!

Shamrock April 1st, 2005 03:26 PM

I am very sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences to you. :grouphug:
I'm sure your Charlie had a wonderful life as your cherished pet, and is now in a happy place.

maddoxies April 1st, 2005 03:30 PM

so sorry

Shaykeija, I am so sorry. I do understand a bit how you feel right now. I have beaten myself up over what did I miss, why did I not get blood tests done twice a year on Champ. I have finally come to accept that I did all I could do at the time, with the information I had at the time. You did all you could do to find Charlie too at the time, knowing what you knew then.

It must have been horrible to hear of his passing this way, but as another said, now you have some closure. And the physical shell that was Charlie will be treated with dignity and laid to rest properly.

There will be a candle lit tonight in Montreal to help light Charlie's way to the Bridge :grouphug:

gingerismybaby April 2nd, 2005 09:05 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.I lost one of my own who I loved dearly and I only wish he was here.But you didnt give up looking for him.Lots of hugs.
:grouphug:

SSAC April 17th, 2005 12:35 PM

This is so sad. Atleast now you can bring him "home" and lay him to rest.
Don't ever feel guilty in anyway. You tried, you went back looking.

Sad times