Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I have a request (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83123)

angeldogs December 26th, 2012 11:10 PM

I have a request

Can some of you on this forum that have high education put your heads together and come up with an invention so our dogs can tell us whats wrong.

Yesterday day we woke up fed the dogs did our christmas with the kids. Then jag started acting funny.his stomach was hard not swollen wouldnt poop didnt want food and he's a food hound. thought it could be gas or constipated.would lay down just sat on the couch with his head on the back of it.

So i went and got some gas x and some plain yogurt.passed a bit of gas.so today he was the same.gave more gas x and he pooped and puked.still wasnt right. stomach still not bloat out but fear it could happen or starting to. so off to ER vet and xrays were fine he did have some gas but no bloat.

Vet can see he is in pain but doesnt know what is causing it.without doing blood work and a MRI which is $2000.00.so she gave him some food as i hadnt feed him incase it was bloat or bad constipation. a pain shot and sent home some pain meds that will sedate him.

No playing or long walks just try to keep him resting.i wish my baby could tell me whats wrong.

breeze December 27th, 2012 08:47 AM

no idea angeldogs,

but will send :goodvibes::goodvibes: and :fingerscr for jag and you I hope you can find the answers

hazelrunpack December 27th, 2012 10:56 AM

Scary stuff, angeldogs. :grouphug: How is your boy this morning? :goodvibes:

angeldogs December 27th, 2012 04:57 PM

I had to work today. the wife said he was ok.we havent been letting him play and are on gingin as soon as she tries to start with him.

breeze i hope we can find the answer also.I hoping it just going to take so R&R for it to heal. ginger likes to jump on his back end well he is standing or running to mount him.i would like to find out soon.

angeldogs December 28th, 2012 07:26 PM

Well jag is a little better today.we havent been letting ginger jump on him.i think now that she might have hurt his lower back or hips. he stretched today for the first time since christmas day which is good as he does this usually after getting up from bed and once or twice through the day.

hazelrunpack December 28th, 2012 11:02 PM

Glad he seems to be getting better! :goodvibes:

breeze December 29th, 2012 08:00 AM

so glad that he is getting better !! :highfive:

Dog Dancer December 29th, 2012 11:27 AM

angeldogs, sorry I just saw this thread. How's Jag doing now? I sure hope he's feeling better. It sounds like you could be onto something with the sore back. :goodvibes::goodvibes:

MaxaLisa December 29th, 2012 01:41 PM

It sure would be nice if they could tell us!

Bloodwork without the MRI might be very helpful. I might suspect pancreatitis?

angeldogs December 29th, 2012 04:00 PM

I noticed today that when he turns in a tight area his back left leg drags abit.but all in all hes back to wanting to play and run around.

DD i hope i am.ginger weighs 50-60 lbs and she will run the jump and land on his back end well he is standing or running. hes not showing any signs of pain anymore but maeds are taking care of that.

angeldogs December 29th, 2012 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=MaxaLisa;1051473]It sure would be nice if they could tell us!

Bloodwork without the MRI might be very helpful. I might suspect pancreatitis?[/QUOTE]
With pancreatitis wouldnt he be drinking alot.

MaxaLisa December 29th, 2012 08:21 PM

Not necessarily.

The first time my girl had pancreatitis, her only sign was an unwillingnes to eat. She seemed to feel great otherwise, it was weird. Later flairs, it was obvious she didn't feel well, but she never did drink much.

angeldogs December 30th, 2012 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=MaxaLisa;1051504]Not necessarily.

The first time my girl had pancreatitis, her only sign was an unwillingnes to eat. She seemed to feel great otherwise, it was weird. Later flairs, it was obvious she didn't feel well, but she never did drink much.[/QUOTE]

Im switching vets in the new year and will ask them. i have 2 just a couple walk from here.going to go and talk to them.

Dog Dancer December 30th, 2012 07:12 PM

Hope it all gets sorted out for Jag. Ginger needs to learn some manners! I used to worry about Halo knocking Shadow down the stairs when Shadow was old and arthritic, Halo would always run right into her. Scared me silly. It's so hard to slow them down sometimes, and they don't mean any harm.

angeldogs December 30th, 2012 07:54 PM

When she does it she mounts to dominate right away.some of it is just bad timing.but jag still the boss over her.