Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Montana is home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80655)

Rgeurts March 30th, 2012 09:51 PM

Montana is home

3 Attachment(s)
It took a few hours to get everything done and get back home. We made it back about 5:30. It took Nookie and Montana about a half hour to bond :lovestruck:

Montana mimics everything Nookie does. Nookie drinks, Montana drinks with him. Nookie gets a toy, Montana gets a toy (or tries to take Nookies), Nookie scratches... Montana scratches :laughing: :laughing:

It didn't take them long to start playing AND to cuddle :cloud9: :lovestruck:
It made us so happy to watch them. They really needed each other. For as fast as this happened, I really think it was meant to be :)

Nookie is SO gentle with him, except when he Zoomies... then watch out! He's a crazy boy :laughing:
We will need to keep Montana out of his way for those!

Rgeurts March 30th, 2012 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And one more...

hazelrunpack March 30th, 2012 11:59 PM

They look like best buds already, Robyn! :cloud9: I'm so happy for all of you!!! :grouphug:

Goldfields March 31st, 2012 01:24 AM

Looks like it was meant to be. I love that second photo. The grey in his face makes me think he's old even when I can see he's not, and that's a mischievious puppy look as she chews his lead. It'll be so interesting watching him grow. :)

Sylvie March 31st, 2012 08:55 AM

Oh I am so happy for your family.:D I am glad that Nookie took to him so fast.:thumbs up What a lucky boy to have won the lottery and ended up in his forever home with such a wonderful family.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures as he grows up. He sure is a beautiful puppy.

CsqU4r3d March 31st, 2012 09:47 AM

How wonderful they bonded so quickly, you can see Montana adores the Nookie Monster already! So glad he has found the best ever forever home. Look forward to many many pictures to come:cloud9::flirt::dog::dog:

serenamlambe March 31st, 2012 10:50 AM

What sweet boys you have! Montana really does look like he's Nookie's biggest fan in that first picture - watching to see what he's going to do. Keely used to repeat everything that Connor did, too. I bet they're going to be the best of friends.

I must also say that I'm jealous of your snuggling pups! My two will never snuggle, even though they love each other. Hahah.

Can't wait to see more pictures! He's an adorable and very lucky puppy.

Dog Dancer March 31st, 2012 11:52 AM

Robyn I'm so happy for you guys. Clearly it was meant to be. Montana sure does look like he adores Nookie, but why wouldn't he. There will be no holding those two back. :cloud9:

ownedbycats March 31st, 2012 01:21 PM

Glad you were able to take Montana home. He is cute, just getting into the all long legs and tail stage. Nookie looks so happy and content to have another dog again. Your family looks like it's very happy today.
If Montana mimicks everything Nookie does, I bet he'll be joining in the Zoomies soon.

Dee-O-Gee March 31st, 2012 03:35 PM

Montana looks like quite the little character. So happy for you, your family and Nookster too!

Keep them there pictures coming, please and thank you. :thumbs up

Rgeurts March 31st, 2012 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks all!! He is quite a little character, for sure. We're pretty sure he's been abused, though. If you reach for him at all, he just cringes and slinks to the floor. He's terrified of hands. BUT... he's learning that they won't hurt him. I've hand fed him a bit and will continue to do so for the first little while, and he will let us pet him now. He's really comfortable with Shaun. I think he's going to be a daddys boy :lovestruck:

One thing we're quite happy about is that he's started wagging his tail today, quite a bit. When he's happy, his tail really curls, almost as much as Nookies, and he wags it like mad. It's very cute :)

Nookie Monster is really enjoying the company and snuggles too :cloud9:

Montana and daddy having their first nap together:

pbpatti March 31st, 2012 05:57 PM

Robyn, they are a pair made in heaven:cloud9: :angel:. I am so pleased for you and your family, it is complete again.

hazelrunpack March 31st, 2012 06:08 PM

What a sweet pic, Robyn! :cloud9:

Goldfields March 31st, 2012 08:19 PM

Really great photo, Robyn. That's as nice to see as your third photo, of Nookie and Montana snuggled up. :) Glad he's got the tail working now and is acting a bit more puppy-ish, it would be lovely to see happening.

Sylvie April 1st, 2012 04:21 PM

Love the picture, so who's more tired Daddy or Montana :laughing:

Rgeurts April 2nd, 2012 09:52 AM

Sylvie, I think it was a pretty close tie lol. Montana was worn out from playing and daddy was just having a lazy movie day. Montana was snuggling with him on the couch and they both fell asleep :laughing:

He is definitely coming out of his shell. I'm quite surprised that it happened so fast. He was so caught up in the moment, playing with Nookie, that I think he forgot he was scared of me lol. I was on the floor with Nookie, playing with him, and Montana was all bouncy and kissing Nookie when he ran up to me, kissed my hand, then stopped and just stared, like he wasn't sure what I was going to do, then just stood there, tail waggin' :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Sudden moves still scare him, but overall, he's doing great. I think he's going to be a protector like Thorin was, though. He's found his voice and is confident enough to stand and bark. I was on the deck with him and Nookie when the neighbors came out. He got in to a protective stance and just barked like mad at them! I was shocked lol. So he definitely has more confidence. There is nothing wrong with this little boy :)

marko April 2nd, 2012 04:05 PM

AWESOME that they are bonding so quickly together - and such cute pics - thanks for sharing them :highfive: